Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Today's moral maze – What would you do….?
  • BigJohn

Premium bonds are perfect for this situation. You can get the money back quickly but while you've got it there's always the chance of a prize.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

soma_rich – Member
    You just earnt some MASSIVE karma points!

Ha. Ha. Ha.
    Did I? I think not.
    I've just got home to find the £5k bathroom we thought was PAID FOR isn't. They made an error in the bill and we owe them £91.
    Karma? Yeah, right.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Did I? I think not.
    I've just got home to find the £5k bathroom we thought was PAID FOR isn't. They made an error in the bill and we owe them £91.
    Karma? Yeah, right.

You wait, it will come back this week sometime.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

One word. Audit.

🙂

Oh, one more word. Morals

🙂

ononeorange

Presumably the 4 figures include the pence?

Return it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Are you serious? This isn't a question of morality, it's a question of keeping your bloody job and as one of the many currently unemployed on this site, I would strongly counsel your friend to go to his/her employer immediately and explain the error.

samuri
    Free Member

it doesn't sound enough to bother with, give it back. If 1.6m turned up though, I'd have a long think about making a break for it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bill, OOOrange, Geetee, Samurai, go back and read the thread properly, and Geetee, loosten up a bit mate! 😀

Oh, and although this really did happen, it was a bit of a troll thread…. And I got a few of you hook, line & sinker… 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

It's happened to me before and I told the company straight away. Rather than going to the hassle of paying it back it was decided to treat it as a pre-payment and off-set future expenses against it until it was cleared.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Today's moral maze – What would you do….?’ is closed to new replies.