Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tod CX – Course conditions
  • Harry_the_Spider

How is it?

Ice on the cobbles?

Snow?

Dave
    Free Member

News from Tim K
    "course is frozen solid, just walked the course with dog and littlest K. Oh, and the wind chill on the park is mental, brrr"

I believe Chipps has been clearing ice today….

Alphabet

When and where (route) is it?

crazy-legs

Alphabet:

Alphabet

Ta. I might pop down and watch.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Love the graphics on those posters. My wife just gave me an odd look as I laughed out loud

MrSparkle

… and the conditions now?

Dave
    Free Member

Course photographer has just set up…

Chipps should be on his way out to prep the course once the engine has warmed up.

:o)

MrSparkle

Any chance of him just driving over to Darwen too with that thing?

chipps

HI all!
    I spent four hours chipping at ice and sweeping the cobbles yesterday. There's fresh snow falling and still some ice underfoot. Ironically, more snow will make the course more rideable I reckon.

There was no snow or ice on the cobbles by the time I finished (in the dark) so with just fresh snow on, they should be OK. The descent following the cobbles has ice in the centre though – and I can't route around that bit (well, not without making the course really dull and missing out the one climb…) so take care there. The rest of the course should be OK – we're routing you away from the slippiest of the bits, though I'd advise caution over Banzaii!

I might take the cobbles and descent out of the Under 16s course and shorten it though…

The only big change will be the parking. The top car park of the Leisure Centre is closed (it's icy), so we'll (plan A) be able to park at the school opposite and/or (plan B) use the big car park of the Hare and Hounds pub over the road from the park (which is icy, but flat), you can also legally park along the road.

Any other questions, please email or call. Happy to help.

TimK

Just been for a walk round the course while out with the dog. As Chipps said, the snow will make it more ride-able, there are one or two slippy bits but nothing to really panic about.

Riding a CX bike is all about being out of control isnt it?? 😉

brant
    Free Member

It's started raining a bit.

chipps

It's softening up nicely. I'll go round shortly and scrape some of the softened ice off in readiness for the overnight freeze 🙂

cp

Does anyone have an update as to whether this is going ahead today?

allthepies
    Free Member

Chips is just out driving the course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tod CX – Course conditions’ is closed to new replies.