Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • TITUS R.I.P chapter 11
  • jd-boy
    Free Member

I read today thay Titus has gone to the wall, post up on MTBR
    Its never been the same since Chris Cocalis (the founder) left the company.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fingers crossed Ellsworth goes the same way.Bikes are ok,marketing bs stinks and Tony Ellsworth is an arsehat.

househusband

Sadly, I’m not too surprised… overpriced and nothing special to differentiate them from other bikes/frames.

(Had a Motolite; it was ok – and then I had to change the bearings… one of reasons for selling it was so that I’d never have to attempt that horrible task ever again. They really could not have made removing, replacing and lining up with the main bearing axle any more awkward.)

Spud

Arse! Wonder if spares are still available from Axel…..

johnikgriff
    Free Member

bugger, I’ve got 2.

Amos
    Free Member

**** it I’ve just bought an el guapo!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Amos, have you took delievery?

If so, you’ve got a great frame and I doubt you’ll have any issues to worry about. I have one of the first “new ones”, it will be 2 years old in March and the only thing I’ve had to do it is the main bearings and I got them of ebay.

Also you never know they may be back, its happened to lots of bike makes over the years.

Amos
    Free Member

That’s a relief!

druidh
    Free Member

Chapter 11 is not bankruptcy as we understand it in the UK. It is a means of giving some short-term relief to the company, from creditors, while they get their financial situation sorted. Many large US companies have gone into Chapter 11 and have emerged as viable, ongoing companies.

neninja
    Free Member

It sounds to me like they’re beyond Chapter 11.

The post I saw on mtbr included part of an official email from Titus –

“Our largest lender is foreclosing on an outstanding loan. Commencing immediately, they will initiate an orderly liquidation of company assets. Please direct any inquiries to support@titusti.com”

That sounds a bit more terminal.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Titus is done, from the day Chris left the company they have never brought anything out that really moved on from the Racer X design, unlike Pivot, Chris Cocalis new baby, they have moved on to the next level. The brains behind the company/design

ratherbeintobago

post up on MTBR

Link?

Andy

heihei

It’s a shame as they produced some stunning bikes. I was lucky to pick up a Motolite Exogrid off ebay a few years back and it’s a work of art. As noted above, they are nothing innovative, and ride no better or worse than a lot of other designs, but some of them are quite stunning pieces of engineering

One of the problems here in the UK is they never built up much of a reputation in the same way Turner or Intense have. They therefore never sold the volumes, and second hand prices are just grim – I’ve recently built up an alu Motolite for a mate with some very nice parts, and frame is virtually new, for £1500.

Sad, but in the current economic climate, you have to think there are too many manufacturers around.

andyaxel
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Yes you are correct, The current situation is the bank are foreclosing on a debt and Titus have run out of money to pay the staff so they have closed the doors.

In terms of warranty we are doing all we can to ensure that we can continue to support the brand in the U.K including talking to the factories that make some of the parts so we can source direct.

We are talking to the guys at Titus all the time about this so we will know more in the coming days.

I will keep things updated when we know more.

titusrider
    Free Member

shame, they were quality bikes. always thought that one day id have an exogrid hardtail, no more 🙁

trail_junkie
    Free Member

Shame about the news. Something i didn’t think would happen. Was admiring the FTM carbon the other day, thinking one day I’ll have one.

No more, RIP TITUS….

Better keep enjoyin my Motolite and Supermoto till the pheonix rises from the flames.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – shame.

2006 Motolite and 2005 Racer X still going strong and still great to ride.

DSC01398 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

275/365 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

foxyrider
    Free Member
    wwaswas

sorry, should have been clearer – there’s some detail in there on what they plan to do now they own it (this is not the news that they do, own it, if you see what I mean…).

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh fair enough WWW 🙂 Sorry 😉

wwaswas

no worries 🙂

takisawa2

Sad news. I recall seeing the El-Guapo in the STW mag a few years ago.
    It looked bloody ace.
    I hope Ventana dont go the same way. 😐

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘TITUS R.I.P chapter 11’ is closed to new replies.