Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Titanium bolts-are they worth it??
  • ActionJackson
    Free Member

Just building up a new to me bike and need a load of bolts for the build, rotor brakes etc. Are they really worth the money and if so can anyone reccomend a good seller/manufacturer in midlands area or on the net.

Thanks

titusrider
    Free Member

well your clearly not gonna notice but people might think you have a bigger wil*y

Starrman28
    Free Member

They finish a nice build off well, IMO. Need to be careful with them though. 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Fo sure, I gotz Ti shock mount bolts, wikkid innit, mad light skillz enhancer too

Starrman28
    Free Member

Action Jackson..They’d look good on a stumper HT 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Complete waste of money.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Waste of money, I’ve always used decent stainless steel bolts – weight difference minimal and less chance of rounding a allen head off. Sourced from my LBS.

epicyclo

Need to drill them out for maximum WW look. 🙂

damo2576
    Free Member

Definately, you could probably save over 5 grams!

aracer
    Free Member

Can’t think of a better way to enhance your bike which won’t only make no difference to your riding, but nobody else will notice either. But hey, you’ll know your bike is special.

cookeaa

As a weight saving? meh…
    As bling to impress others? Honestly I don’t think people would even notice unless you draw their attention to your ti bolts, and then they’ll just think your a cock. I’ve had the same ti bottle boss bolts for about fourteen years, they were cheap and they work, but then we’re not talking about a high stress application are we and st.steel wou’d last just as well. Probably best off spending the difference on better rims really, that would make more difference the ride/performance of your bike. Still it’s your money, buy whatever you like.

br
    Free Member

All my bolts are Ti, with the exception of those on the stem (just haven’t been able to source the right size, yet).

Same strength as steel, but weigh less – what’s not to like?

This guy’s been no problem, had a few things from him:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lan28033

cynic-al
    Free Member

Most expensive way to save weight no?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Disc brake mount bolts, HT2 pinch bolts and disc bolts here. No, they don’t save alot of weight, but as been said, they finish off a nice build. I’ve only done the bigger bolts since the small ones individually are not worth the cost, and the rotor bolts come as a reasonably cheap kit, so they were ‘worth’ it.

Sticking to those rules and shopping about, I managed to stay just the right side of the £1gm-1 rule, which is as good as any arbitrary rule when trying to justify them to oneself.

😉 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

You might save 80-100g if you are lucky. That could cost you £100

Worth it? Only you can say.

Don’t forget some can safely be alu, and some nylon for extra points. Eg bottle cage bolts that you aren’t using, but don’t want the holes full of crud.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Molgrips you amateur. Small discs of masking tape will save the most weight.

You do ride naked? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂

Ride naked? No. And I’ve stopped short of weighing my clothes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pah. Call yourself a weight weenie…

martymac

and dont forget to shave just before you go out.
    everywhere, its easier to get the wife to do the hard to reach areas.
    get her to kick ur teeth in too, have you felt the weight of a full complement of those?
    lol.
    wouldnt bother with the bolts, id go stainless.

molgrips
    Free Member

Shaving won’t work – it’s about the bike. It’s a game, that’s all.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Only losers play!

swompy
    Free Member

I cant comment on the pros and cons of titanium bolts, but I bought some titanium bar stock from a company called titanium techniques in dudly, they may put you on to a supplier. tel no 01384254563

swompy
    Free Member

I cant comment on the pros and cons of titanium bolts, but I bought some titanium bar stock from a company called titanium techniques in dudly, they may put you on to a supplier. tel no 01384254563

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Titanium bolts-are they worth it??’ is closed to new replies.