Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)
  • Time to fess up…
  • binners
    peterfile
    Free Member

He was riding a mountain bike.

Well that limits it to about 1% of STW then 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Picture could have been a bit bigger GMP.

I bet someone on here can still ID the bike though, if not the rider.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In every case the women have been caused genuine harassment and distress.

To be followed and then stared at by a stranger is, at best creepy, and at worst really sinister.

Yes I can believe that. Hope they catch him soon.

bigG
    Free Member

Sorry, but what part of a guy on a bike sexually harassing women and making them feel vulnerable and threatened is funny?

If it was your wife/daughter/gf/mum that was on the receiving end of this guys attentions would you find it appropriate to make jokes?

tomhoward

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Can’t be that hard to find a MTB’er with only one arm!

WackoAK
    Free Member

and wearing a dark baseball cap

Has to be from pinkbike

dabble
    Free Member

i hardly see how its an escalation, i think its a valid point. With all the guff that was posted on the “girls you could watch all day thread” by the OP i think this thread and its implications are a bit inconsiderate and hypocritical.

binners

dabble
    Free Member

mines got a valid point in it though.

tomhoward

Or, some of us have realised that binners’ joke is at the expense of the members of the STW forum, rather than the abuse/worryment of women.

binners

The irony filter is broken again I see

I post a thread about a bloke who follows girls, watching them, and ask if it was anyone on here. Then you get all huffy, and go on to mention the (frankly tragic) thread “girls you could watch all day”, where plenty of people on here went on about… well… girls they could watch all day.

Brilliant!! 😆

dabble
    Free Member

You can read it that way if you want, i read it as someone posting a link to a story about harrasment of women and a laugh out loud emotican, i took that as them thinking it funny. I suppose you could take it as a joke, a not very funny one and one that people who don’t know the site or binners online persona wouldn’t find so humorous.

EDIT its hardly the same, a thread about lasses you like and going out staring at them in real life making them feel harrassed and uncomfortable..

binners

Well at least Tom seemed to get it. You carry on with your righteously offended indigence if you like though 😀

dabble
    Free Member

I will, i’m sat here seething and loving it.

mrchrispy

what tyres for perving?

bigG
    Free Member

Binners, have you considered my question? If so, what’s your answer?

If it’s that you still think your “joke” is appropriate then I’d be dissapointed, but not surprised.

You can bang on as long as you like about being ironic, but it’s an indefensible position in my mind and I’ll not apologise for the opinion of you that gives me.

DezB
    Free Member

This thread definitely made me laugh.

allthepies
    Free Member

What tyres for binners engaging reverse gear…

Hope they find the perp, not nice at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it time for the Manchester Defence? 🙂

tomhoward

As some one who finds the joke funny, allow me to answer BigG

The abuse of women is not funny, nor is binners sugesting it is (honest). What he is doing, effectively, is calling STW forumites a bunch of letches (you know, the type that giggle when they hear the word ‘boobies’) using a news event, linked to said forumers (the bike bit) as a starting point.

Jokes go off a bit when you have to explain them, twice, don’t they?

ninfan
    Free Member

Did he have a camera bag and uncomfortably short shorts?

dabble
    Free Member

Jokes that need explaining, twice, aren’t good jokes.

DezB
    Free Member

It didn’t need explaining twice.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Where’s Jamie when you need him?

DezB
    Free Member

OMG! Did you notice the user name of the first reply on this thread? I’m outraged.

peterfile
    Free Member

OMG! Did you notice the user name of the first reply on this thread? I’m outraged.

I’m offended that your offended and I’m offended on behalf of other people who many be offended by your offence!

btw, the “joke” might backfire if it turns out that it’s actually Hora.

dabble
    Free Member

I was hoping for a better argument than this, i’ve got to go back to work in 5 minutes and my sense of outrage is diminishing rapidly.

mightymule
    Free Member

*Looks through “for sale” section of Horse and Hound in frantic attempt to find higher horse than anyone else*

bigG
    Free Member

Tom, I absolutely got the point of his poorly made joke. I don’t need you to explain it.

My point is around how downright innapropriate it is. I’m not suggesting that Binners thinks it’s OK to abuse women. I am suggesting he’s made a crude, badly judged attempt at a joke.

tomhoward

it’s actually Hora

Glad I’m not the only one thinking it….

BigG, what is your opinion of Benny Horaill?

Houns

ninfan – Member
    Did he have a camera bag and uncomfortably short shorts?

😆

Anyway it cant be an stwer , the article states he speaks to the women

bigG
    Free Member

BigG, what is your opinion of Benny Horaill?

It’s my business, I don’t see the point in sharing that here. Bit like me asking you for your opinion of the Queen, pointless to this discussion.

patriotpro
    Free Member

what tyres for perving?

Dirty Dan

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what tyres for perving?

and

Obviously.

retro83
    Free Member

bloody hell there are some crushing bores on here

tomhoward

what tyres for perving?

Dirty Dan

Rubber Queen?

patriotpro
    Free Member

bloody hell there are some crushing bores on here

Agreed, they not stop going out and doin shit like and then coming on ere acting disgusted to cover up the fact it’s them in that picture. Bang out of order.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘Time to fess up…’ is closed to new replies.