Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Time for some new shoes….which ones…?
  • stumpy01

My Pearl Izumi's that I've had since about 2003 are completely shafted and it's time to replace them.

Being a tight git, I have been perusing the shoes going for cheap on CRC and have found these:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47515

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50951

I've got some shimano shoes already that fit OK so I'm confident that if I order a particular size they'll be OK, but I quite like the look of the Diadora shoe as well.
    I have no experience of Diadora shoes….anyone with any advice? Are they any good or shall I just go for the Shimano…?
    My only concern with the Diadora is that I use overshoes for a lot of the winter at Thetford as it can get very wet. Will the ratchet strap fit under overshoes or will it catch, get in the way, be annoying, get broken using overshoes….?

Ta.

stumpy01

Thought I might have posted this a bit late last night……

…..anyone got any ideas?

stayhigh

I've been thinking of getting the M123's as they look quite nice, Shimano shoes last forever and they have been recommended by a few people. Have to remember to size up though 😉

I've always had more trail shoe styled riding shoes so that has been my sticking point so far with these, how comfortable would they be off the bike and for all day wear?

The Diadora ones look nice but I dont know anything abouth them in terms of quality or reputation. A lot of people like the ratchet system for tightening the strap but could be a weak leak if poorly made?

A couple of people I ride with use Specialized BG shoes and speak very highly of them.

clubber
    Free Member

I'd suggest M086 – unless you're a serious racer then they're great.

The ratchets are fine under overshoes.

stumpy01

Yeah – the M123's looks good & the other Shimano's I've got are pretty comfy.
    I've always had size 41 shoes and not had a problem, so will probably stick to that I think.

With regard to how comfortable are these type of shoes for all day etc; I've found my Pearl Izumi's to be as comfortable as the more trail styled Shimano's I've got. You can't walk about in them quite as well, but not generally an issue. Even hike-a-bikes up Spanish hillsides weren't really an issue.

I would quite like to try the Diadora, but I also have no idea of how good they'd be, how their sizing comes up etc. and I am a bit wary of that ratchet strap.

Mate of mine has got Spesh BG shoes and rates them, but the only ones that'd fit in my budget are the £70 Sport ones which IMO looks a bit bland, although granted isn't the most important consideration.

stumpy01

clubber – Member
    I'd suggest M086 – unless you're a serious racer then they're great.

Yeah – I considered these, but was struggling to find any in my size.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Time for some new shoes….which ones…?’ is closed to new replies.