Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thule Roof Bars
  • ratherbeintobago

Getting a new car, which in line with the best STW stereotype is an A4 Avant.

I’d quite like to use my existing wing bars and feet (which are 753s and so should be fine) but where do I find out what mounting kit I need? Thule website just says to get new feet.

Cougar
    prawny

Second roofbox.co.uk

Theyre a really good company to deal with too. If your luck is anything like mine they won’t fit anyway and you’ll need a full set of everything. Absolutely boils my piss but despite coughing up for Thule stuff so that I can ‘just buy new feet’ I’ve not once been able to reuse a set of bars on the next car.  Looks like the trend is set to continue when this one goes back too.

Mounty_73

Recently bought kit from these guys…very helpful and very good customer service.

Roof Box

ratherbeintobago

Thanks all!

@prawny
    I have form for this – sold a complete set of aerobars then found out I could just have sold the feet and reused the bars. Happily it looks like existing car and new one use the same width.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got some Whispbars that were on my Passat which aren’t made of chocolate, they are like Thule but more aero. You can have em for £30 if you want, they might be the same fitting and are adjustable width. Compatible with Thule gear, the rubber-filled strip thingy in the middle is the same dimensions.

They’re the ones that fit around the door frame with a little pip that goes into a hole under the door frame.

ratherbeintobago

They’ve come back to me – adaptor pack no longer available. New feet it is 🙄

@molgrips
    Thanks, but it’s the kind that clamp onto the roof bars I need. Had some OEM Toyota Montblancs on a previous car and they were also fine (but I think they’ve gone bust?)

matt_outandabout

Look on eBay/ faceache marketplace / gumtree – amazing how many feet are for sale on there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.