Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Three Peaks Challenge (on a bike)
  • sparkyspice
    Free Member

Ben Nevis / Scafell Pike / Snowdon
    I know of people who have run up them in 24hrs but what about doing it on a bike?

Can you ride up them?
    Are there bridleways?
    Can it be done?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Snowdon (at certain times) and Ben nevis are the only legal ones,Scafell would be no fun on a bike as its covered in huuudge nasty rocks..and is footpath only. 😥

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Its been done and I think you’ll find something on here. To keep legal substitute Helvellyn for Scafell Pike and time your attempt so that you are on Snowdon outside of the voluntary ban.

druidh
    Free Member

sparkyspice – Member
    Ben Nevis / Scafell Pike / Snowdon
    I know of people who have run up them in 24hrs but what about doing it on a bike?

Can you ride up them?I couldn’t

boxelder

Why spend all that time/fuel driving. I think it’s such a pointless ‘challenge’.

High St, Helvellyn and Skiddaw – there, 3 legal to bike peaks and no driving.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

good point boxelder,and i can recall quite a lot of car drivers “lost” on the Three peaks, looking for the car park at Seathwaite farm.

I was riding in Great langdale valley at the time.. !!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I did it years ago in a group of 4, all walked Snowdon, relayed in pairs up to Scafell, all walked up and down Scafell, pairs relay to Tarbet, a little sleep and then all rode up to Ben Nevis and climbed that, summit achieved in <60 hours from the start

then assisted a tourist poorly with food poisoning, sent for help and watched them get helicoptered off, helicopter came back for us but we had to turn down the lift to get back to the vehicles

obviously someone on here will have done it quicker on a “fixie” taking the bike with them up the hills and riding all the distance 😉

kcr
    Free Member

Purer Three Peaks Challenge

I remember many years ago reading an epic account of an attempt on the record by Nick and Richard Crane (Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Bicycles Up Kilimanjaro and many other epic cycling adventures) which finished in tough snowy conditions on Snowdon.

(for younger readers, Nick Crane is now better known as the “Coast” TV presenter)

ChrisE
    Free Member

We did it a few years ago on a tandem bike (lent to us by Boxelder). We climber up Snowden on some big rock route (with SPDs, bike helmets etc) on a 10 pitch route, carrying a tandem paraglider to fly off(it was too windy so we walked down) then rode with all the gear in a trailer up to Scafell to do the same then rode up to the Ben and went up via Tower Ridge which was covered in ice at the time. 7 very entertaining days!

C

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Few years ago me and a mate did the challenge for Wakefield Hospice from Fort William. We ran the hills (do admit to bits of walking up em) and road biked between. Struggled with headwinds most of way but still managed it in 3 days. Wives followed us in camper van to support.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Three Peaks Challenge (on a bike)’ is closed to new replies.