Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • thread for iPhone haterz
  • NikNak7890
    Free Member

I hear regular complaints about how "dreadful" the iPhone's battery is. I can easily get a full days use out of mine.

I think the difficulty people have with it is understanding that although it is a very capable phone (it honestly is), it has as much in common with a netbook/laptop as a regular phone and I wouldn't expect to get any more than 8 hours use from my Laptop without occasionally plugging it into the mains.

As with all technology, from phone's to cars, battery technology is holding them all back at the moment.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Ah, with an HTC HD2, you can carry as many spare batteries as you want, thats one big reason i don't like iphones.

tyke
    Free Member

Bonj – I thought you were saying you just wanted a phone now you have moved on to say you want it to be an alarm clock as well. Make your mind up. If you look at the cost of all of the standalone devices that could offer similar levels of functionality they would be more than the cost of an iphone. Also why would I want to cart around 4 devices when one can do what I want.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

That's a nice looking phone, I hope the OS has improved now, as I didn't like the way Windows Mobile 6 behaved on my HTC Tytn 2.

AlasdairMc

Another iPhone poster here.

I've used Symbian and Windows Mobile for years, and have had to endure poor quality apps, crashes and soft resets.

This isn't the case with Apple, nothing crashes, and while the apps may be rubbish in places, they all work and all can be removed easily. People complain about Apple locking the phone down, but it keeps it secure and ensures a consistent user experience.

I use this far more than any previous smartphone, and I've always been a heavy user of mobile Internet.

bonj
    Free Member

yes but it's A PHONE!!!

Well there's your first misconception, it's way more than that.

in my book, the fact that it's capable of doing more than most phones do doesn't excuse it from its obligations to perform the duties that a phone should. This is a fairly fundamental principle that apple have successfully brainwashed most iphone users into forgetting.

bonj
    Free Member

I hear regular complaints about how "dreadful" the iPhone's battery is. I can easily get a full days use out of mine.

Oooh, a DAY! Well, whooop-ti-doo! My Tesco Value Nokia lasts almost a WEEK!

DrJ

in my book, the fact that it's capable of doing more than most phones do doesn't excuse it from its obligations to perform the duties that a phone should

Strange, I could have sworn I used my iPhone to have a telephone conversation just this morning. Perhaps I was dreaming.

Oooh, a DAY! Well, whooop-ti-doo! My Tesco Value Nokia lasts almost a WEEK!

And my two tin cans connected by a piece of string lasts forever.

Your point being?

bonj
    Free Member

Bonj – I thought you were saying you just wanted a phone now you have moved on to say you want it to be an alarm clock as well. Make your mind up. If you look at the cost of all of the standalone devices that could offer similar levels of functionality they would be more than the cost of an iphone. Also why would I want to cart around 4 devices when one can do what I want.

don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if it didn't have an alarm clock, in fact i would be quite happy to spend a tenner on another stand alone alarm clock to keep at my mate's house for the odd time i stay there and need to wake up.

But the fact that it always wakes me up even when off, means it does the job of an alarm clock just as well as a stand alone one.

The fact that an iphone doesn't just proves it is too advanced for its own good and forgets the simple but useful functions of a phone.

AFAIK it's not just my tesco value nokia but all simple phones have always done this. Samsungs, sony ericssons, etc. – it's taken for granted. But then the iphone comes the big I am and apparently it is too advanced to have to bother with such menial things like that. apple are far too arty farty to bother building into the iphone the capability for the alarm to switch the phone on, probably because its software is built on far too many layers and the alarm function is far too high level to be able to do it. this is another reason why it's battery life is poor, too – its software is just so much more advanced than it needs to be for a phone, and its target audience are already far too transfixed to care.

organic355
    Free Member

god is this thread still going!?!?!

if u like iphones buy one, if you dont, then dont, who really cares?

bonj
    Free Member

And my two tin cans connected by a piece of string lasts forever.

Your point being?

that isn't a p h o n e, though, is it, numpty 😉 🙄

bonj
    Free Member

god is this thread still going!?!?!

if u like iphones buy one, if you dont, then dont, who really cares?

if you don't "get" this thread don't read it. It's about people who are brainwashed by the iphone geekery, apple's marketing spiel, and the evolution of a phone's function than the actual devices themselves.

DrJ

that isn't a p h o n e, though, is it, numpty

In what way is it not a phone?

DrJ

It's about people who are brainwashed by the iphone geekery, apple's marketing spiel, and the evolution of a phone's function than the actual devices themselves.

It seems to be about you proving beyond reasonable doubt that you a complete f***ing idiot.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Hilarious thread. Iphone is a fashion accessory as much as anything, They look nice and Apple have a top notch marketing plan with Apps and all the rest of it. It doesn't do anything special that the million and one other smartphones out there can't do.
    Way I see it you've got a few choices, either succumb to the spiel and fashion and buy one, or don't and buy a nokia/htc/blackberry/other generic smartphone, or if your not bothered about emails/gps/mp3 player and all the other 'toys' on these phones then stick with a trusty old Nokia or the like and stick with ring or texting people.

I'll stick with my blackberry if its alright with you guys?

DrJ

Way I see it you've got a few choices, either succumb to the spiel and fashion and buy one …

Yawn.

the-muffin-man

bonj – can I ask what bike you ride and which bit of that companies marketing twaddle and ideology you fell for!?

iDave
    Free Member

i don't have an iPhone, but if it annoys twunts like bonj so much I may well be tempted

Jamie
    Free Member

Stinks of jealousy in here.

organic355
    Free Member

Stinks of jealousy in here.

I have an APP for that.

bonj
    Free Member

In what way is it not a phone?

largely 'cos you can only talk to the person who's got the other can rather than dial anyone you want on it.

disco_stu
    Free Member

one thing i can't get my head around is the cost
    a 3g ipod touch 8gb costs £140
    a 3g iphone 8gb costs £360
    im not sure how adding a gsm radio and gps adds another £220 to the cost of an ipod touch

DrJ

largely 'cos you can only talk to the person who's got the other can rather than dial anyone you want on it.

Can you dial anyone you want on your phone? Or just other people who have phones similar to yours? How many Kalahari Bushmen can you talk to?

Point is, that adding functionality almost inevitably reduces battery life. Your phone has a long life because it doesn't do much.

bonj
    Free Member

Can you dial anyone you want on your phone? Or just other people who have phones similar to yours? How many Kalahari Bushmen can you talk to?

Point is, that adding functionality almost inevitably reduces battery life. Your phone has a long life because it doesn't do much.
    Yes, anyone i want. I don't WANT to call kalahari bushmen.

DrJ

Yes, anyone i want. I don't WANT to call kalahari bushmen.

So what is a phone is defined by who you want to talk to? Interesting….

CountZero

bonj, you quite categorically cannot phone anyone you want. You have to have the phone number of the person you want to speak to first. Or has that salient fact slipped by you, like most of the other ones you keep ignoring. I want to phone Tony Blair and tell him he's a lying ****, but I can't, 'cos I don't have a number.

crikey
    Free Member

Bonj, troll of the month, excellent!

iPhone users in 'fish in a barrel' shock……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, but his Tezco value mobile which he haz becauze he can't afford the iPhone he really wantz will wake him early enuf to catch a flight to Africa where he can uze a proper compazz and map to navigate to the Kalahari Buzhmen to actually zpeak to them…while wheeling the gramaphone on hiz wheelbarrow zo he can lizten to the muzic HE wantz to lizten to inztead of the muzic the evil Apple marketeers allow him to lizten to.

bonj, the inane can only be countered with the inane.

rs
    Free Member

But the fact that it always wakes me up even when off, means it does the job of an alarm clock just as well as a stand alone one.

Stand alone alarm clock won't work if you switch it off either 😆

bonj
    Free Member

bonj, you quite categorically cannot phone anyone you want.

Alright then, tell me who I want to phone that I "quite categorically" (sic) can't.

You can phone anyone you want who has got a valid phone number, pedantic.

bonj
    Free Member

Stand alone alarm clock won't work if you switch it off either

yes but either its battery lasts many months, or it's plug-in. there's no danger of it running out in the middle of the night, like there is with an iphone, that's the point

rs
    Free Member

🙄 you can plug in an iphone 🙄

bonj
    Free Member

Yeah, but his Tezco value mobile which he haz becauze he can't afford the iPhone he really wantz will wake him early enuf to catch a flight to Africa where he can uze a proper compazz and map to navigate to the Kalahari Buzhmen to actually zpeak to them…while wheeling the gramaphone on hiz wheelbarrow zo he can lizten to the muzic HE wantz to lizten to inztead of the muzic the evil Apple marketeers allow him to lizten to.

bonj, the inane can only be countered with the inane.

1/10. replacing s's with z's doesn't make you sound german like hitler you know.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Right, zee, with the iCan, if you know the location of your mate in the kalahari, then you juzt move the receiving can to hiz crib. Thatz kinda like knowing zomeone'z number. If you don't know the number, itz like not knowing where he livez.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

replacing s's with z's doesn't make you sound german like hitler you know.

I'm just trying to be down with you…à la "haterz". Is it not working?

chimptastic
    Free Member

iPhone fail – I just tried to ring someone with one and they didn't answer. Shocking, I'm taking it back for a full refund 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just tried to ring someone with one and they didn't answer.

Probably because in an independently minded fashion, he or she didn't buy an iPhone.

Sent from my iCock

chimptastic
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘thread for iPhone haterz’ is closed to new replies.