Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Those TiNitride coated chains
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Having just bought my christmas pressie from my daughter from the LBS (a SRAM 951 chain) I came to thinking do those Tinitride coated chains that cost twice as much last twice as long as say a 951? Obviously if they do then I may just reduce winter chain changing and also if they last longer than twice that of a cheaper chain then all the better.
    Anyone compared them for longevity?

mocha
    Free Member

No, not in my experience anyway :o(

retro83
    Free Member

Nope, but they look cool

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just been reading reviews etc on the 9 speed Rohloff chain and as my daughter lives in Germany and I am guessing that they are cheaper out there she will be buying me one for my birthday to try it out.

BigJohn

I’ve got a Yumeya chain on my bike and it seems all bright and shiny after 3 ferociously cold & snowy days in the lakes last weekend. It’s a few months old now and never misses a beat.

scud
    Free Member

I’ve had a gold KMC chain on the hardtail for over a year, by far the best chain i’ve used and was only £28. It seems that if you neglect it and put the bike away wet, you don’t come a few days later to surface rust.

I’m not the lightest of blokes, but found it way better than the 2 yumeya chains i’ve had, one of them snapped on multiple occasions and other i managed to twist.

martinxyz
    Free Member

chains dont just twist though.

Northwind

martinxyz – Member

“chains dont just twist though.”

Yup, but my KMC X9SL chain twisted badly every time it got a hint of chainsuck, where I know the X9.93s I use now generally won’t.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Those TiNitride coated chains’ is closed to new replies.