Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • This idea of cowardly posts?
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

That some people think that “taggers=cowards” astounds me. I’m rarely rude to people on here, mainly because I’m generally a polite person. However, the idea that some people think they are the STW hard men makes me wonder.

Ton’s a big guy, and seems like a decent bloke. in real life he’d give most of us a slap, on the Internet he’s equal to everybody else. What makes some people on here think being a gobshite makes them brave?

Genuinely interested in this by the way!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I find the use of tags as insults somewhat strange. I am normally able to deal with whatever in the thread – I see no need for anonymous insults.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The tags themselves are great fun, I just think that most pepople who use them do so as a laugh.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If you think this place is bad you should go on AOL and read the comments following any story about Katie Price. There are some truly vile people out there with far too much time on their hands.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OP, is there a thread to which you’re referring?

donsimon
    Free Member

I hardly ever post tags, and if I do they’re often directed at me. I always thought the tags were to help the search engines find specific posts, to this end I believe the OP is the only person who should have the power to add/delete tags and the other posters have the option to offer ideas.
    Some of the tagging is simply immature.
    If, in real life, ton would give most of us a slap, I would have to ask myself why? Why would he have to resort to violence to get a point across.
    Surely you only get bullied on here if you allow it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think the dull anonymous insults aimed at me show the poverty of imagination of the tagger and the childishness of them.

If you have to be childish and puerile at least be funny and inventive please .

trailmonkey

the tags are often the wittiest thing on the threads – a challenge to be a wise ass in 3 words.

what some people (we all know who) fail to realise is that the more that they get sand in their fannies about it, the more people will keep on posting them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Like that? 😀 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

emsz
    Free Member

While sara does the nighttime section of sonic unleashed….I only notice tags when they say emsz=AWESOME LOL… Cause I am, obviously !!!

some are really funny, some are a bit pathetic. same as life really

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

indeed – at least make them funny and entertaining if you need to make insults anonymously.

Dull is just dull and sad.

How predictable that people would start with the dull tags about me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

tm, orange you supposed to be studying?

tags – I’m a bit Meh about them.

Sometimes, they are quite funny, but having been on the end of one or two hurtful ones, I think they can be a bit abusive sometimes.

When they’re describing the general zeitgeist of a thread, they can sometimes be hilarious. Most often they’re not though, and they’re not policed enough by the Mods (though I can understand why this would please some posters muchly).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

in real life, ton would give most of us a slap

Sorry, firstly to Ton, who’s not even posted, and secondly, for making this about violence.

I’m looking at some of the machoism on here at its most basic. I’m possibly misreading or misunderstanding what the “taggers=cowards” for me it’s the attitudes that some on here have, which are no more intelligent than giving someone a slap.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Any story about Katie Price is truly vile.

trailmonkey

tm, orange you supposed to be studying?

just warming the grey matter up with some stw gobshite action 8)

*edit* just seen ‘one dimensional twangrasberry’ – classic 😆

emsz
    Free Member

TJ the one that says “TJ goes in orbit” makes me giggle everytime. Sorry, I know you get really cross at them, but that one just makes me laugh…

Your sort of like my dad, he gets really wound up when he starts on politics and stuff like that, just like you do.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

emsz – I don’t get cross at them. I just think the taggers sad – I note the dull sad ones about me have been removed

MrWoppit
    Free Member

*edit* just seen ‘one dimensional twangrasberry’ – classic

I try…

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ you are a mystery wrapped in an enigma etc You are either a trolling genius or just very very odd.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

somewhere between the two I guess 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I try…
    POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

What does this mean?

nealglover
    Free Member

Is it just me that can see the stunning Fail in whoever it is that posts…

“Taggers=Cowards”

(unless of course it’s actually meant to be funny, in which case, I salute You. Mission accomplished 8) )

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like there is a tag thief in our midsts.

compositepro
    Free Member

I’d like to call people names directly but due to it being the Internet can’t really be arsed, I think TJ once said most folk wouldn’t actually be such an arse to your face and tend to agree that the Internet as a rule is a good medium for creating conflict without getting a slap.

My questioning of the purpose of tags last night was to ascertain their purpose ,wether they were used as a search function or something,however one thing that did become obvious was that you could insult someone by inference as such and as such I thought the mods frowned upon such behaviour.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I love them there tags. Those that were posted on, that thread where TJ got I right hammering (which I didn’t like or approve) were some of the finest adlibs I’ve seen inventive, harsh (in some cases) witty, circuited,directed… I mean “flounceaggedon”, c’mon, I still lol at that now.

Shame TJ got the blunt end, but he’s thick skinned.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m possibly misreading or misunderstanding what the “taggers=cowards” for me it’s the attitudes that some on here have, which are no more intelligent than giving someone a slap.

Yeah you’ve misread it. I put Taggers=Cowards on a thread recently because I get pissed off with the unrelenting anti-TJ tags. I know it doesn’t bother him but I find them pathetic and often quite nasty, it suggests that the author lacks the intellectual ability to challenge TJ in a fair and open way, in other words, they are intellectual cowards. It has nothing to do with threatening violence, ffs. You shouldn’t take the internet/bike forums so seriously. There’s more important things to get wound up in life….. I would have thought.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Gobshiteing on a forum doesnt make you hard though

That’s my favourite tag I’ve seen in a while, off of the engineer thread. As long as the tagger is ‘aware’ though…

Emsz, it’s not an official Yeti branded Awesome!!! without the exclamation marks.

I’d just like to know who the tagger is, I suspect it’s just another of the regular posters.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I think the tags are great. Some people are mean but that’s life.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Now I’ve read the thread, theirs an obvious divide between those who’ve had tags aimed at them, and those that haven’t.

I used to be bothered, I used to want to understand the motivation for being singled out anonymously, now I’d just like to know who it is so that if we ever meet in real life we can ‘talk’ about it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What if it was ton TSY? 🙂

Or me? 😡

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I put Taggers=Cowards on a thread recently because I get pissed off with the unrelenting anti-TJ tags

There’s more important things to get wound up in life

?

I’m not wound up, that is my point, I don’t actually care.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are you saying Ton can’t talk?

I’m sure it’d be affectionate if it was from you. I’m a little depressed I’ve not been tagged for a while. Nothing avout cupcakes, nothing about tickle-me-elmo. No yeti show, nothing boresome, the southern wetty, ummm… there must be more.

I like it best when someone posts a witty one then a copycat post one that just doesn’t scan as well… I think those ones are great.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you think this place is bad you should go on AOL and read the comments following any story about Katie Price. There are some truly vile people out there with far too much time on their hands.

Hahahahaha. I better not say why, but I’m very glad somebody has noticed this.

You should read what they put on anything to do with gay people when the comments are not turned off!

chakaping
    Free Member

it suggests that the author lacks the intellectual ability to challenge TJ in a fair and open way,

Look, I’ve never left any “anti-TJ” tags (life is too short), but to imply that anyone can gain anything from havign a “fair and open” debate with the guy is a bit naive isn’t it?

enfht
    Free Member

TJ = Tagnut Jangler

Genius!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not wound up, that is my point, I don’t actually care.

Well you started a thread about it which suggests that you do care.

I find the anti-TJ tags mostly tedious, boring, and childish. Although I do like the tag function because of its comic value – it has no other purpose. But I personally never put other users names in my tags.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch

I find the anti-TJ tags mostly tedious, boring, and childish.

Rather sad as well – anothter crop has appeared.

Please at least make them amusing.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

paulosoxo – Member
    Mr Woppit – Member
    I try…
    POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    What does this mean?

There’s more to life than pippy fruit?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And just to add, whilst I have never reported any posts, I have on one occasion complained to the mods. That was concerning the relentless attacks on TJ, the thread in question was deleted – it had got well out hand.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL ! I’ve just checked, and I didn’t put the Tagger=Coward because of attacks on TJ …..it was in reference to one about Stoner !

I’ve just remembered, the tag said Stoner=Muppet, so I put Tagger=Coward, because no one had actually challenged him on that thread. The tag has since been removed.

I must be getting daft 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘This idea of cowardly posts?’ is closed to new replies.