Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Things you simply cannot bring yourself to pay for.
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Crikey – I hear Frankie Boyle is now telling the one about Glasgow and Las Vegas being the two places on earth where you can pay for sex with chips.

emsz
    Free Member

“special” clothes to ride a bike.

markrh
    Free Member

Zip ties
    Public toilets
    Air lines at filling stations
    Haircuts(popular one that init)
    Lube
    Bike wash/car wash
    Zoos 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

Sex. I haven’t struggled to get it since I stopped being a teenager and the whole idea of an business arrangement leaves me feeling stone cold.

I once went on a stag do to Berlin and was one of only two guys out of the group who didn’t wind up doing it with a prostitute. Myself and the other guy had the distinction of being the only single guys in the group, it caused me to reappraise a lot of things I took for granted about my mates.

Oh and +1 for expensive bottled diet water. Sure, I pay £0.00000000001 for a glass of the stuff but I’m not paying a quid for a Peckham Spring.

yunki
    Free Member

Freedom

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Car park car washes: Yeah. Sure. I’ll let you fek my paint up with dirty water and a gritty cloth so you can remove most of the dirt and fleece me for £5. I’ll do it myself thanks
    Or alternatively in recent weeks: Do you REALLY think I’m actually PAYING you to half clean my car that I only paid £400′ for? That rust is holding it together you know!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I won’t pay for:

You, your wife, your kids.
    Burgers from BK.
    School fees.
    MrsBouys shoes/handbags.
    Bad wine, I mean over priced supermarket wine full of sulphites.
    Cadburys chocolate (cough, sorry I used the word chocolate to describe cadburys)
    Anything from Asda, Tesco, Morrisons.
    Cheap cheese.
    Cheap milk.
    Drainage for the farm.
    Bad service in restaurants.
    Baked potatoes ( I don’t like them)
    Bin bags ( I use cplastic bags from shops and those free clothing bags posted through my door)
    Vodka.
    Clams, lobster, muscles, shrimp (I have developed an illergic reaction to gods own food, I’m not a happy buoy about that)
    Kebabs.
    Interior designers.
    Builders.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s just another word for “nothing left to lose”

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Anything from Asda, Tesco, Morrisons.

you got a big rucksack then 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Member
    anything from tesco

and me – robbing ****ts

uselesshippy
    Free Member

We all pay for sex,
    emotionally. 🙁

CaptJon
    Free Member

Coffee in big paper containers
    Poor service
    Trousers from anywhere but Howies

LeeW

MBR

yunki
    Free Member

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left

Bunnyhop

Tap water in a pub/cafe

Any water. Peopled duped into buying bottled water are crazeeeeeeee.

You men moaning about the cost of hair cuts, should try being a woman. The cheapest I can get away with is £25 and that’s a cut without the blow

TheFlyingOx

Parking fees in motorway services for more than 2 hours, when the matrix signs repeatedly tell you not to drive tires and take a break – 2hr10 min snooze £90

People actually pay these? 😆

rudebwoy
    Free Member

The cheapest I can get away with is £25 and that’s a cut without the blow

Am sure if you do the blow someone will do the cut in exchange 😉

stevepitch
    Free Member

without the blow

Nothing worse than no blow

^^^ bugger and I thought I got in there with the witty humour first

caspian
    Free Member

Women paying £150 for Ugg boots. Wow.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You men moaning about the cost of hair cuts, should try being a woman. The cheapest I can get away with is £25 and that’s a cut without the blow

Bargain, round here blow’s £75/gram!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Paying to access to my cash, be it for use of a cash machine or being charged for using a credit card.

Junkyard
    Free Member

go to a barber as I think a No 1 will suit you 😉

beagle
    Free Member

Wifi. Especially in a hotel room costing close to £200 p/n

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tv license / sky

somafunk

I can’t bring myself to pay for prepackaged fruit n’ veg in tesco’s, fleecing money grabbing barstewards, they are in my town anyway as we only have an “ickle” tesco express and they’ve stopped doing loose fruit/veg etc, it’s all bagged and pre-packed thus dearer than buying it loose. They take great offence when i rip the bags open and take what i want to the checkout for them to weigh rather than buying 3 **** red onions in a red net bag for £1.40, of course the folk at the checkout don’t have the correct price code so they can’t sell me them thus i leave a pile of loose veg n’ fruit sitting on the checkout…every bloody night this week i’ve tried to buy what i want but they will not sell me it?.

They’ve only started to do this pre-packaged thingy in the past week or so and don’t say shop elsewhere, i stay in a rural town in Galloway so nae choice anywhere…unless i drive to the big tescos 11miles away to buy my loose fruit n’ veg but why should our small town pay extra?, and why should i waste a gallon of petrol on a return journey?…..next time i do it, so that’s t’morns night then, according to the manager he’s apparently going to call the police and get me removed from the store…..**** hope so……my pal is the photographer for the local news paper and she’s gonna wait outside and take the picture so watch this space…if it happens t’morns night i’ll make headlines.

johndoh
    Free Member

Pick n mix at the cinema. In fact anything at the cinema. In fact even going to the cinema. Bollocks, I’m buying the DVD from Amazon.

RustySpanner

druidh – Member

yunki » Freedom

You know, I’d have been so impressed with you for that one if I didn’t know where you nicked it from. 😀

Any excuse:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV_QjenbDw[/video]

rudebwoy
    Free Member

good luck somafunk, the so called free market working right up yer, they will obviously fight this one, high profits involved,whenever they are the only show in town different conditions are imposed, and prices……i think its our moral duty to take from them as they do upon us…

mudshark
    Free Member

Bottled water – ****t tax
    Coffee from places like Starpucks
    Football matches
    Phones (beyond the basic ones)
    Cars (beyond the basic ones)
    Haircuts – 10 mins with my own clippers does me

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Just about anything with Specialized or Mavic written on it

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Fresh fruit and Vegas so overpriced!
    If the government thinks everyone should eat healthier, then it should be cheaper than shite!

Besides, that’s why all loose fruit/veg is onions or potatoes at big supermarkets 8)

yunki
    Free Member

Fresh fruit and Vegas so overpriced!

yeah man.. those slots put the fear and loathing in me for sure..

Karinofnine

Hair cuts : no way am I paying 40-odd quid. You go in, tell them what you want, and they ignore you and do what they want. I cut my own thanks.
    Rapha clothing, yes it is very nice and I could afford it, but no way, I’m not paying that price for it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Subscription TV
    Tabloid Newspapers
    Chain Fast Food

Most other things get assessed on a basis of cost, value & need.

If I’m thirsty and there is only a shop selling water I’ll buy it. Generally don’t – unless it’s for beer making.

Parking fees in motorway services for more than 2 hours, when the matrix signs repeatedly tell you not to drive tires and take a break – 2hr10 min snooze £90
    People actually pay these?

ANPR cameras and the bill is auto generated.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Am sure if you do the blow someone will do the cut in exchange

😆

hora
    Free Member

A round. Whats the point? I wont get a shag out of it 😆

singletrackhor
    Free Member

swinley parking charge, all goes to the council.
    bedgebury parking charge
    mobile phone charges, redirected to a tax haven of the carriers choice.
    bt, tax payers pre 1982 paid for the network, wht do we have to pay a monthly charge to maintain it.
    baggy shorts

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ice in bags.

Has no one said lottery tickets? (notwithstanding the dude on here the other day who won 20k of course…) -stealth tax on the poor.

Kindle books (that in the magnificently efficient process of converting to kindle format, hosting, selling and downloading via the world’s cheapest media website) somehow still have enough “value added” that they cost the same as the real book that has been physically printed (materials, press, employees), distributed (lorry, fuel, employee), put on a shelf in a bricks and mortar shop (rent, fittings, utilities) and sold to you by an employee with wages to pay. One great big “WTF?” about that.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Car parking , thought I’d be the only one, but not and that includes Swinley. Thats why Broadmoor has a lower carpark thats free 5 mins away.
    Haircuts. I somehow have to ( indirectly) pay for the wife and 2 kids to be cut and although the hairdresser is a hunny, I bought some shears for a tenner and 2 yrs later still hack well.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Posh watches, Porsches, Bang n Olufsen TVs or any other things that would mark me out as a city w***** (I do a good enough impression already)

And of course Sky and the Daily Mail, but that goes without saying

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Things you simply cannot bring yourself to pay for.’ is closed to new replies.