Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Things you simply cannot bring yourself to pay for.
  • dribbling
    Free Member

Petrol at a M/way services.

Anything at motorway services.

Toll roads.

Sky.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh stop being so dewy-eyed & melodramatic.

Humour Fail

rudebwoy
    Free Member

+1 for buying bottled water, the stuff that comes out of my tap is foul.

you want to get hooked up to a different supplier, that’s the beauty of the free market 😉

mikeconnor
    Free Member

pay all that too, and I don’t own a carbike. Why should I pay for you to parkcycle on purpose built tracks and the roads? If you choose to own a carcycle, then accept that parking fees toll charges for cycling are a part of the cost of enjoying that privilege.
    Anyone can do a piece like that Mike

But obviously you can’t do it very well, it seems.

We all pay for roads, we all pay for cycle paths, pavements etc. They are there for all our use whether we decide to use them or not. there is finite space on the roads. Car parking takes up space, and can affect the flow of traffic etc. so car parking needs to be managed. Charging for parking helps provide revenue to maintain parking facilities. It’s not a big deal; those wanting to use cars just have to pay a little more for the privilege.

Also, charging for parking can help pay for wardens to police parking facilities and catch those abusing them, which benefits us all. If you can afford a car, you can afford to pay for parking too. I can’t understand why car ddrivers have such a problem with this.

Understanding of how society works FAIL

How so?

hoodie
    Free Member

Tbh the only drink i will pay for when out and about is alcohol. This takes out all the options of overpriced, coffee/tea/water/soft drink
    and means that im either enjoying a pint or enjoying the fact I can manage to go without anything at all if I have to drive etc…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Humour Fail

Wow..

It was a joke…really? Im sorry Im not tuned into the STW sense of humour, seems rather obtuse to me.

Dont give up the day-job..

molgrips
    Free Member

Tbh the only drink i will pay for when out and about is alcohol. This takes out all the options of overpriced, coffee/tea/water/soft drink

So you’ll pay £3.50 for the privilege of sitting in a nice place drinking something you enjoy, perhaps with company, enjoying a time out from your day.

Me too, except it’s coffee not alcohol, and it was only £2.50

The value is not the substance itself, in either case.

Understanding of how society works FAIL
    How so?

Car parking, just like roads and public transport, facilitates people travelling for commerce and work. Ie your local economy, from which you benefit both in terms of your own job (probably), your local environment (got any nice shops you like to go to?) and the council’s tax take which then pays for your amenities.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d love to say Toll Roads as well, but I go to French France quite a lot, it’s a right old pain driving around Toll ROads there and not always easily found.
    I won’t howere pay for Toll ROads here.

Water, well yes I pay for water but it has to be sparkling, not still. And London tap water is some of the cleanest in the country, or so I’m told.

Done me no harm..

Snifff,, burp,, sniff.. “shudders”

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Things you simply cannot bring yourself to pay for.’ is closed to new replies.