Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Things that make you emotional
  • Bunnyhop

Come on you hard hearted lot, there must be something?

Tonight it’s warm and barmy, there is hardly a breeze and as I walk up the hill toward the pub, the local brass band are in the beer garden practising. On arriving home I open all windows and let in the sound. Brings a tear to the eye.

yunki
    Free Member

music – a great piece of music will regularly make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and my eyes well up..

You’ll likely even get a sob or two if it’s a really moving piece 😳

13thfloormonk

This picture posted by wwaswas in the Rik Mayall thread. Funny and poignant at the same time.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Sport, I mostly cry during great sporting achievements. I was a mess during the 2012 olympics and paralympics, I don’t expect many tears over the coming month or so mind!

PiknMix
    Free Member

My bi polar.

kcal

I can, on the whole, watch or view quite a bit without displaying too much emotion. But it’s thinking myself, or worse talking about it, that seem sot get to me. Odd. Particular music – can be maybe a chord sequence, or more likely evocative piece, that equally makes me well up..

grim168
    Free Member

Hurt by johnny cash

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Straaaaavvvvvvaaaaaa times !!!

Not.

Stoner
    Free Member

barmy

Misspellings.
    😉

And hard-earned personal success stories.

And innocence stolen.

chico66
    Free Member

Watching some of the coverage of the D Day commemorations. Heroes every one of them and there’s not going to be many more before there’s no veterans left to attend

The old guy doing a bunk from the old folks home made me smile though!

cheers_drive

Other men crying. Women cry over little things so when they actually cry over something worthwhile the affect is diminished.
    Last time I blubbed was on sport relief or something when some old fella was talking about his wife her getting dementia.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Predictably, thinking about my mum and dad who died six months ago and six years ago.
    I will always be grateful for everything they did.
    Watching ‘Meet Joe Black’ makes me wonder how anyone can leave their kids.
    An evening like tonight is to be savoured and not wasted but doesn’t make me emotional.
    A sunny and windless early morning down at the beach hut making bacon butties for the family is pretty perfect though.

Edit: + what Chico said and the Olympics! I’m a big softie!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Recounting the tale of the time when I was restraining my then 4 year old daughter who had a phobia of needles as she was about to have her next dose of chemotherapy but they couldn’t find a vein despite numerous attempts and had resorted to between her toes to get a cannula in and as she wrestled with me she screamed and screamed ” don’t let them do it to me daddy, please, please please, no” over and over followed by ” daddy I hate you” over and over…….thankfully by the next dose she had a central venous line implanted.
    Tears rolling down my cheeks now, but she survived against the odds and is a healthy, happy, successful 25 year old who gets married next year………

bearnecessities

Aye, wwwasasassas’s pic was very smart and poignant.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Suggsey wins.

How about “Our House” for me mam?

bikebouy
    Free Member

To be serious for a second, Fostering.

Kids that for whatever reason end up without parents, go through various safe harbours then find a family they can grow up with.

Always gets me, always.
    😕

twistedpencil

Suggsey’s post has me welling up…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hangovers make me quite emotional.

stanfree
    Free Member

Pretty much everything these days , I even sobbed recently at a bloody Adam Sandler movie at the cinema. 😀

rwamartin
    Free Member

The little girl who was singing at the Rememberence do and her navy dad turned up to see her when she thought he wasn’t coming home for months.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m afraid it is the one thing that I will never be able to get over but it does help to share a bad bad memory or time in life.

chewkw
    Free Member

Living.

bearnecessities

Nice Suggsey.

This genuinely made me, um…. watery eyes.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-shi5BL-Y2Q[/video]

binners

You’d have to have a heart of stone not to cry at Mushi on Educating Yorkshire

Got to admit to having a bit of a sniffle watching the veterans being thanked by the locals in Normandy the other day. Seeing how much it meant to everyone

Thanks for sharing that suggsey! I can only imagine what that was like

matther01
    Free Member

Depends on which emotion that brings the tears. Paedo kills or molests child…sheer volatile anger. Anguish/sadness…the end scene in Bladerunner “time to die.” Happiness…hearing my kids laugh out loud uncontrollably. The list is quite limitless.

fasthaggis

My friends and family, all the time.
    A song can come on , and out of nowhere I will get ambushed by a lyric.
    It’s like some days all my memories are set on a hair trigger.
    I don’t mind it so much, far better than being a hard hearted bastard (IMO).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had something in mind, but suggsey’s post made it seem insignificant. Save to say a lot of folk who’ve had a child in hospital will always struggle when they hear Athlete’s Wires. 🙁

Other than that, cynic-al’s career advice thread had me welling up a bit. 🙂

sm
    Free Member

To be honest now I’ve hit 50+ it doesn’t seem to take much to set me off. My dad is in his last summer with COPD and lung cancer, so it’s most days at the moment.

theotherjonv

Odd stuff. Most recently, seeing that woman sing nessun dorma on bgt on Saturday, inspired me to find Pavarotti singing it to show my daughters. Took me back to 1990, world cup in Italy, gazza’s tears, etc., which coincided with the end of my final year at university….. and before I know it, the eyes were stinging as I blinked back tears.

Suggsey’s post too. My eldest had a very minor illness in the grand scheme of things a few years back. But it was taking time to resolve and one night in tears she said to me ‘what if I never get better Daddy?’

I don’t think I’d cope in that situation, and I want it on record here and now, that if there is a god, or an uber-being that controls fate, if you have anything like that planned for either of my girls, I will take it on ten times over if it means they don’t have to.

mav12
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V1nTfDAn2KQ[/video]

gets me every time

bullheart
    Free Member

+1 Suggsey…

Wondering how to tell my two and a half year old daughter that her dad has cancer. But then I remember how lucky I have been to have even known her and watch her grow, and it takes the sadness away.

cynic-al
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Other than that, cynic-al’s career advice thread had me welling up a bit.

Well at least someone read it

leftyboy
    Free Member

Watching my wife fighting for her life after catching an infection from the central line that she had to deliver her chemotherapy. The consultant saying he couldn’t do any more and we just had to wait to see if she made it though the night left me in tears for over an hour before my tear ducts dried up.

She survived and today got the all clear so turned out OK, she’d a few more tears but more of joy this time.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

As I get older ….. More and more .

Ricky Gervais show Derek has had me absolutely blabbing recently after watching it from the start

My sons lack of respect and life plan

Some of the things I have done …

singletrackmind

Maria Callas
    One of few happy childhood memories was getting Dad a micro stereo and CD so he could listen without digging out the 78’s

Suggsey
    Free Member

Funnily enough the many occasions when she asked me if she was going to die ( because unfortunately weekly on the ward children were dying) doesn’t create the upsetting memories probably because I was 100% positive that I was not going to let her think she would die Even when survival rate reduced to 5% due to secondaries developing. The whole period in our lives did change me and the family for the better I believe living for today and having time over money.

And thanks for the support, it helps to always realise that even in the depths of your own personal tragedy there is always someone worse off, back then and any other time in my life since.

MoreCashThanDash

Great sporting moments, my kids making me proud, proper heroic tales of setting do, and heart warming/breaking tales of true love.

Plus getting dropped by my mates on rides. I’m emotional quite a lot of the time

nbt

The Last Post, especially at the Menin Gate
    Abide With Me

Both have me choking up

takisawa2

My children’s Nativity plays at school, that’s a tough half hour. Very dusty in that hall.

Watching the Remberance Day services does it too.

slackalice
    Free Member

Im with chewkw.

Today.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Things that make you emotional’ is closed to new replies.