Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Things that freak me out
  • NZCol

Bluddy earthqaukes – that’s twice in 5 days I have been under either a desk or something else solid. Saturday night large 5.7 which was super freaky then about 2 minutes a go another decent shake, on L17 of a building as well. Fkcn hate it, about the only thing that would make me move ‘home’ to be honest. Big pansy.

JonBoy
    Free Member

Where in the world are you. Must be scary. Do you know what it is when they start or is it a odd sensation you can’t put finger on?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I think his username kinda gives it away 😆 🙄

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Not Zimbabwe?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes NZCol has chosen to live in country which is gallivanting around the southern hemisphere

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Nyr78Mqyg[/video]

Personally if it was me I would leave and return when things have settled down a bit.

NZCol

I’m in Wgtn. Thing is I know it’s a earthquake zone, i know the building I am sitting in is on the faultline, I’be nee here for 12 years so nothing about it is new. However after ChCh everytime we have a little shake I am sh1tting bricks, although Saturdays quake was far from little m5.7 and shallow – car bouncing, road rippling, trees shaking – mental. The one this morning I heard coming, like a train then short wobble then big jolt. Just freaks you out, and as a control freak I dislike it intensely. So much so I am seriously considering what to do !

Hohum
    Free Member

My family and I were in a wee one a few years ago on Boxing Day in Dunfries.

It only went on for a few seconds. A longer one must be quite un-nerving and scary.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Read the thread name and thought: mushrooms!

then read your bit and thought ‘I am a woss’ 😳

Hope life is ok down there…

frazz
    Free Member

You could always try ‘Earth Surfing’………

1. await sizeable aftershock.
    2. jump up, stand upright & adopt surfing stance.
    3. shout appropriate exclamation (Surfs Up, Cowabunga, Yeeha etc) as the building/ground shakes around you.

That’s how we handled the last round of afterhsocks here in Christchurch. Half the folks in our office were Earth Surfing, while the rest dived under their desks.
    If the building is gonna come down, you might as well go out in style…..

Hope you don’t get any more aftershocks though – it does get a bit wearing after a while.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m in Wgtn. Thing is I know it’s a earthquake zone, i know the building I am sitting in is on the faultline, I’be nee here for 12 years so nothing about it is new. However after ChCh everytime we have a little shake I am sh1tting bricks, although Saturdays quake was far from little m5.7 and shallow – car bouncing, road rippling, trees shaking – mental. The one this morning I heard coming, like a train then short wobble then big jolt. Just freaks you out, and as a control freak I dislike it intensely. So much so I am seriously considering what to do !

Bloody hell! That’s pretty serious for Wigton. Anyone else in Cumbria feel it?

bruneep

NZCol – Member

I’m in Wgtn.

I read that as ” I’m in Wigan” 😳

RoterStern
    Free Member

I lived through a massive earthquake in Taiwan in 1999 which was a 7.4 I think and around 3000 people were killed. The epicentre was only 50km from where I lived and the whole house was bouncing around like a space hopper. The after shocks went on for about 3-4 months after. It is such a weird feeling to have the earth underneath you suddenly feel like water. Freaked a lot of people out and they went back home only a few weeks after the first one. We used to have bets on how big the earthquake/after shock was that we had just experienced as we could check on the magnitude on the Taiwan government’s website the next day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Things that freak me out’ is closed to new replies.