Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Thieving Scumbags at Llandegla
  • Flattyres
    Free Member

My wife gets to enjoy her first ride in a year and a half then, while enjoying a cup of tea in the cafe, some scumbags walked off with her bike. They were caught on CCTV and 5 police turned up to view the footage. Not sure if we will see it again but below is a picture and details of the build.

Frame: Orange 5 with RP23 shock (size 16”) [the '5' sticker on the right hand side of the rear swing arm is damaged from rubbing on a bike rack – Red Bontrager frame protectors on the front shifter cable outer at the top tube seat post junction]
    Forks: Rockshox Revelation 426 [badly scratched on one slider from dropping on a rock]
    Hubs: Hope Bulb disc 32 spoke
    Rims: Mavic XC 717
    Tyres: Kenda Nevegal (F), Blue Groove (R)
    Cassette: Shimano LX
    Brakes: Hope Mono M4, 185mm M4 rotor (F) [not the Mini rotor shown], 180mm M4 floating rotor (R) with Goodrich braided hoses
    Bars: Easton EA50
    Stem: Easton Havoc 70mm [not the silver one shown]
    Headset: M-Part, cassette bearings
    Shifters: Shimano XT
    Chainset: Shimano LX, hollow axle
    BB: Shimano LX, external bearing
    Front Mech: Shimano XT
    Pedals: Shimano MTB
    Chain: Sachs PC971
    Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow
    Saddle: Specialized Jett 143mm
    Seatpost: Nukeproof Warhead 400mm
    Other: Crud Guards (F + R) – modified Topeak mudguard zip tied to the forks

If you see it let me know, cheers Col

Drac

Scroats! Hope you get it back.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

sorry to hear that col, its probably getting ridden round wrexham by some scrote as i type this…

you really need to keep an eye out round llandegla car park with that many people walking around

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sh!ts.

Flattyres
    Free Member

Look out for a black '09 Specialized Enduro as well. The CCTV showed two guys who rode up on apollo crap (that were left at the cafe), then hung around a bit before riding off with both bikes. The other guy was proper gutted (not that we aren't) as he was outside at the time and only turned his back for a short time.

Andy

Drac +1

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

'kinell. Next time im there i'll wont be leaving my bike outside as i obtain refreshments from the cafe.

Coyote
    Free Member

Great, just great.

Feel for your loss bro. Hope that you get it back and the scroats' balls turn square and fester at the corners.

Drac

Oops didn't expect that to work.

bullheart
    Free Member

Bastards.

grumm
    Free Member

I don't mean to be harsh, but there is no way I would just leave my bike lying around outside while I went for a brew – especially not somewhere like Llandegla.

Hope they get caught and you get it back though.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've just got back home from there myself…

Chatting to the guy selling the car park tickets on the way out as he stopped every car..

Gutted for you fella hope you get squared away ASAP..

julians
    Free Member

Just back from llandegla myself. The guy on the gate told us what happened.

I'll be making sure my bike is locked up next time I go in the cafe

shinsplints

Sorry to hear that Colin that's something you and your wife definately don't deserve.
    Good luck with the search
    Simon

Flattyres
    Free Member

Locking the door after the horse has bolted but yes, I will be investing in a couple of good but light locks to stop opportunists in future (a Singletrack group test perhaps??)

Saying that, after talking with Badger at the cafe there have only been three other bikes stolen (one of which was recovered in the car park) from Llandegla in 4 years. Big thanks has to go to everyone at the centre for jumping straight into action.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Did the police finger print the Apollo bikes?

I bet not, too much like hard work.

Hope both bikes re appear soon

Flattyres
    Free Member

I don't have a bad word to say about the police. 5 officers converged on the area from different directions in the hope they might spot someone. They came from the two bordering counties to see if the thieving scrotes came from their patch. On hearing that Llandegla's CCTV had shown they came on bikes which were left at the scene Badger, one of the owners, was asked to secure them (and wear rubber gloves while doing it). The bikes are now with the local CSI.

wednesday
    Free Member

That's strange, we told the kids to watch some bikes including a mate xtr equiped intence slope style.

overhead some guys stating 'why would anyone want to nick that, and nothing ever got nicked from there'

Hope you get it back.

T2sugars great day hopefully see you aginn soon.

easygirl

johnclimber

apologies to the waste of time police this time?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Bike goes in the back of the car before brew commences… You can never be too careful

Drac

Did the police finger print the Apollo bikes?

I bet not, too much like hard work.

I bet not either as the Police don't do that.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Aye Wednesday, and you..

Will deffo be back- its only 45mins from our house…. 😉

easygirl

drac
    sorry pal, you are years behind with police crime scene examination
    they do prints items if there is a chance that a crime will be detected.
    unless you know different
    😉

al_f
    Free Member

I think he meant it's not the ordinary police who do it, it's SOC officers. 😉

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about this but it's not called WrexScum for nothing you know.

Drac

I'm sure you know more but what I mean is it's not the Police who turn up at the incident who do the dabs? Of course I wait to hear otherwise.

DT78
    Free Member

Scumbags. Sorry to hear about this, it sounds like the police were really making an effort. I often leave my bike with mates 'watching' when I go for a pee etc… will be a bit more careful from now on.

Maybe I'll take my snowboard lock with me as a simple deterrent.

james
    Free Member

"(a Singletrack group test perhaps??)"
    See issue 30
    (I've been reading through some (older) issues)

project
    Free Member

Sadly the two bikes will not be the first to go,once word gets around,and there are people willing to buy the bikes,no question asked.

Nearly all bikeshops have the bikes cabled up now as people walk in and then walk out with a new bike.

Thats the way the uk is going,landegla being no different to anywhere else in the uk.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It sounds like the theifs had planned it out what they intended to do by arriving on the Apollo bikes, wonder if they had myb gear on to blend in. If they have there dibs all over the bikes they left then theres every chance they will be known to the police. Shame they werent caught trying to get away, reckon they would of got a good pasting if they were.

lowey

Total bastards.

I must admit to being a bit paranoid leaving my bike out of view at trail Centres though…

Especially llandegla, the scouce accent ratio is quite high there. 😆

I really hope you get it back mate.. lovely bike to have nicked.

yetiguy
    Free Member

will insurance cover it?

Potter
    Free Member

sorry to hear that matey,hope you get it back
    its been happening a fair bit on cannock chase now,they have now put signs up telling you to beware of thieves

4ndyB
    Free Member

On another forum ride about 18 months ago some poor sod also had his bike nicked from outside the CL cafe.

Hope that your mrs gets hers back Flattyres

I'm still waiting for the Orange 5 that was nicked from my front room in sept '08 to turn up somewhere.

Unfortunately I'm guessing that insurance won't cover it as it wasn't locked to an immovable object.

project
    Free Member

Perhaps llandegla could rent out cable locks at a nominal charge,or for a deposit,refundable when you return the lock.

Or just bring your own,any cable lock is good enough,to chain your bike up with, as anybody seen walking off with a cabled bike or 2 will be instantly recogniseable.

Flattyres
    Free Member

Yes they were dressed as MTBers so blended in really well.

Being one of the stupidly trusting people – and there are many at MTB centres – the bike wasn't locked. Hmmm…insurance says no???

A hard lesson learnt. Even if it's dressed like one of us it could still be a thieving scumbag.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

IME Afan is worse.

Being one of the stupidly trusting people – and there are many at MTB centres – the bike wasn't locked. Hmmm…insurance says no???

For insurance purposes, the bike was locked, but they took the lock as well – didn't they?

project
    Free Member

daveatextremistsdotcouk – Member

For insurance purposes, the bike was locked, but they took the lock as well – didn't they?

Posted 16 minutes ago # Report-Post

Now that would be fraud, and your not an MP, so cant get away with it.

goog
    Free Member

next time I go to Degla I must remember to leave £3000 in cash next to my bike when I leave it outside the cafe ….. I wouldn't want is getting pinched 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Thieving Scumbags at Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.