Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The wheel angle on those mini micro scooter things
  • biker66
    Free Member

I bought one for my little un. She hasn’t really started riding it yet, but I noticed that compared to the ones I’ve seen all over the park, the wheels on it are pretty straight up and down
    The ones I see mostly have the wheels at an angle, with the bottom of the wheel further out from the center line. Which looks more stable.
    Nothing in the manual of how to adjust them. e-mailed the company but no reply. If anything the wheels on my one go slightly in the other way to the ones I see most kids riding. But they do all look a bit different.
    Can I adjust it, or is it just luck of the draw?

wwaswas

you’ve got the fork on backwards 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

You are having a laugh, surely?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

There’s a big difference. The ones the kids in the park have are the proper scooters, a reasonable one starts at about £80. It sounds like what you have bought for your kids is what is known in the community as an SSO. For all intents and purposes yr scutr iz sarzin

cynic-al
    Free Member

CM knows his scooters.

Del

i’m obviously an old curmudgeon, but every time i see a kid pratting about on one of those things i just want to shout ‘get a **** bicycle’ at them…

uplink
    Free Member

the wheels on it are pretty straight up and down

just a thought…………

but all wheels are like that [pretty much] that’s what makes ’em wheels 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I think he is talking about the head angle.

If it’s a collapsible one, you could put a stopper in the track that the fixing pin runs on…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

i’m obviously an old curmudgeon, but every time i see a kid pratting about on one of those things i just want to shout ‘get a **** bicycle’ at them

Unless, of course, it happened to be Chris Eubank (no pics to be found 🙁 )

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You should probably, get one of these, unless you want her / him to be teased mercilessly

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m30b259s382p9656&rs=gb

MountainMutant
    Free Member

My son’s are angled in and my daughters (which is much newer) are only slightly.

I reckon the more they are used the axel joint wears and they lean in more…that and my son weighs twice as much as my daughter!

Oh and Del..they have bikes but prefer the scooters grrr

EDIT..I presumed you were talking about the scooters with 2 wheels at the front/1 at back?

biker66
    Free Member

Yeah, two at the front. No, I definately bought the same scooter as all the other kids have. Actually the company with the two at the front one at the back set up , have a monopoly on that design. They are super billionaires now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The wheel angle on those mini micro scooter things’ is closed to new replies.