Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The STW award thingy
  • juan
    Free Member

If my memory isn't fading or I am not loosing my mind, they shold be held in a bit.
    I just think it would be nice that for once, proper service, nice people and innovation are nominated for the awards.

Maybe it's time charly the bike monger get an award, rather than useless CRC or wiggle who lets face it, don't give a damn about their customers.
    Maybe it's time for local company such as hope, use, alpkit or maybe even trout inc won something, because if it was not for them mtb would be nowhere it is now…

I don't force you, but that is just a thought…

Harry_the_Spider

It's a reader's award. So it is up to us to.

1) Nominate them.

2) Vote for them.

juan
    Free Member

I do yes but we need to spread the word, as from what I could gather, the forum community (aka people like us with no life) are far from being in the majority.

Harry_the_Spider

I thought it was a forum/on line only vote. I could be wrong.

As for billy-nobody getting a look in… Me and a few others off here got to the last 3 in the best event category but we lost out to the Olympics or something similar. Jacques Rogge didn't show up to collect his trophy.

rOcKeTdOg

best Frenchman on a UK based web forum award goes to….

DezB
    Free Member

Gets my vote rocketdog 🙂

Nezbo
    Free Member

what/who is trout inc ?

Harry_the_Spider

best Frenchman

You'd thinks so, but people would vote for Julien Absalon.

The awards last year were a good laugh. The room was full of the "real people" that Juan is alluding to despite them not winning much.

juan
    Free Member

Well harry last year mail order came again to crc. They barely post on here, whereas for example charly is a regular poster, participate to the community and so and so.
    Nezbo:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trouties-new-light-is-on-the-way-update-to-all-interested-folks-who-emailed-me

wheelz
    Free Member

I wouldn't hesitate to vote for Hope. I've only dealt with them twice, but on both occasions their customer service people went above and beyond the call of duty.

But then I like CRC as well, because I've only ever had one problem with something I've ordered, and they sorted that out on the phone pretty sharpish.

Wiggle I don't use so much, but when I have they've been great too.

As have Merlin and a number of other retailers.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Never used Charlie the Bikemonger, but might well do in the future as he seems to be on here nearly as much as I am!

rOcKeTdOg

oh yea, that Julien Absalon post here all the time, if i din't know better i'd think he was rudeboy in disguise 🙂

juan
    Free Member

PMSWL @ gary

Ben_Haworth

Yep, it's Reader Award time very soon…. Keep 'em peeled 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

Charlie the Bikemonger sent me free sweets with my order. i was very impressed

ton

i know where my vote is going………. 8)

adeward
    Free Member

TB ? best marketing

simonralli2
    Free Member

Suerly it is a simple case of when the official STW awards happen, someone posts a thread with various categories plus a few other leftfield award categories thrown in, we all vote, by email or on the thread, that person tots up the totals and says who won?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The STW award thingy’ is closed to new replies.