• This topic has 75 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • The SNIP!
  • wwaswas

Holy shit

I just googled scrotal abcess

I’m going to have nightmares 🙁

martymac

i drove home after having mine done, (wednesday) was back at work monday diggin holes in the ground.
    i was careful lifting up high for a few weeks mind.

Harry_the_Spider

Just googled it 😯

Will never eat plum tomatoes and custard again!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

1 week before a gentle run, 2 weeks off the bike. Small shaved area, and anaesthetic cream 1 hour before (if I remember correctly), so no pain at all until later (frozen peas in a tea towel etc.).

Worst bit was the smell of burning tubes as they sealed them off with the machine, and both the (attractive) nurse and doctor both being female.

All worth it though.

RustySpanner

Told you so! 😯

matt_outandabout

About two days of ‘man, just been kicked in the bollocks’ feeling, a week of ‘oi, be careful, sudden movements and running can lead to stitches being tugged’ moments and back on bike/usual life in two weeks.
    Worst bits: stubble growing back and pulling my own stitches out to ease the ‘catching’ feeling…oh, and the moment the new nurse left me flat out on trolley, but nekkid from the waist down and opened the curtain wide, leaving it so, allowing all the reception and waiting room a view of the last turkey in the shop…

stoney
    Free Member

Just like cheshirecat said……Male doctor, fit nurse etc….Took a copy of MBUK in with me, baerly got past the first page. Barely felt the anaesthetic needle, slight tssssss of burning flesh etc, no stiches cos its a 5mm cut, 1/2 later on my way home. a little discomfort later on and ran the dads race at kiddies sports day (the day after).. 😯

Off the bike roughly 4-5 days 😆

kevj
    Free Member

Well seeing as Mrs J is pregnant with my third little boy, I have been told I have to be gelded too 😯

I have said for years that I’d get it done but now it is on the cards I can honestly say I’m bricking it. A mate of mine is booked in this Thursday and we had a chat about it over the weekend. I suggested a space hopper race which didn’t go down too well!
    Anyone had it done while they were put under? <serious question>

allthegear
    Free Member

I have been told I have to be gelded too

I’m hoping you realise being ‘gelded’ is something VERY different???

philfive
    Free Member

I’m booked in a week Friday, not to fussed to be fair, I have 4 tattoos and they hurt a lot more.

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone had it done while they were put under?

MTFU you big Susan! 😉 I’ve had more painful dental work.

If you have a local you’ll be out and home much quicker.

matt_outandabout

Anyone had it done while they were put under? <serious question>

my doc couln’t get one tube done, and wanted me to come back under general. I said to get on with it as I couldn’t be doing with the faff / more pain, so MTFU and get digging in there till you find the slippery little sucker.

kevj
    Free Member

allthegear

I’m hoping you realise being ‘gelded’ is something VERY different???

Yes, but I have the same apprehension either way. I am somewhat attached to them 😀

Nobby

I’m now thinking twice about the whole deal.

crikey
    Free Member

Well seeing as Mrs J is pregnant with my third little boy, I have been told I have to be gelded too

Amateur.

Wait til she’s in labour then suggest she has her tubes tied, Bish Bosh, job done.

I booked it while she was being stitched back together.

D0NK

I have said for years that I’d get it done but now it is on the cardsafter reading a few of these threads I can honestly say I’m bricking it

fixed that for me 😉

dadster21
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice. Have to say that the responses had me laughing and crying in equal measure. Still going through with it and will check in with the results. Thoughts of commuting on the underground brings tears to the eyes!

tomaso
    Free Member

I think there is more risk from being put under than having someone grope around your scroat.

I need to pull my finger out and get myself knotted.

honourablegeorge

Have you suggested to your Mrs that she have a hysterectomy? It’s a much less invasive surgery than a vasectomy.

philconsequence
    Free Member

adjust the thermostat so it shows a lower temp than its set to, keep turning the heating on full randomly and convince the good lady she’s having hot flushes.

if she’s being polite, cower in the corner and with a tear rolling down your cheek, whisper ‘why are you shouting at me again?’

it wont be long before she’s convinced she’s having an early menopause and you can book her in for a hysterectomy.

soulwood
    Free Member

Had mine done a couple of years ago. Bloody horrible. Can’t remember what was worse, the anaesthetic injections not working when the female doctor made the incision, or that same doctor asking me to sign the disclosure form before the op, the part which read “A small minority of cases may result in permanent intense testicle pain”

hora
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a bit controversial but I’m never having mine done. Sorry. I would not allow my missus to have her bits done. I’d rather abstain from sex if there was no other way.

wwaswas

hora why?

Is it a religious reason?

I would not allow my missus to have her bits done

If I were your ‘missus’ I’d be fuming at a statement like that. How can you decide what she has done to her body?

hora
    Free Member

I just find the snip-method as abit barbaric. I’d never have that done to me.

dustytrails

Couple of weeks.
    I know of a chap who cycled home after his snip – turned in to Buster Gonads over night – very painfull!!!!!!!! (he should have known better – he was a Medical Consultant!!!!)

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t want to read this but couldn’t stop myself.

🙁

bigdaddy

I was ‘done’ a couple of years back. Sadly, no great stories to report – very simple and straightforward, 20 mins, snip snip, done. No pain, just a weird tugging feeling. I do second the need for extra tight pants for a day or two though – and the sack did go black! Back riding after a week though…

FWIW – I’d MUCH rather go through that than abstain…

rangerbill

I was booked in the same day as the dog. Luckily my wife manged to drop us of at the correct places.
    The dog licked his better and was bouncing around the next day. I had a general and Im sure Mrs B snuck in and took a meat tenderizer to the old chap. I waddled around for a while, mine were sore and hot and I remember sitting down with baggies on and catching them badly 8O.
    Tight pants, talc, and ibuprofen.
    Oh and achy balls is a quite common side effect.

mstrb
    Free Member

This thread is full of win. Win in the sense I’m laughing my balls off (See what I did there) at work.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs signed the consent forms last night. 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Does your wife have to consent too before they’ll do it?

wwaswas

Does your wife have to consent too before they’ll do it?

No, but if you’re Hora’s wife you’d need his permission for the female equivalent.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

As I said above, mine was easy. However, mate had his done under a general anaesthetic. He had shaved beforehand, but woke up to find himself shaved from chest to knee, and he’s the gorilla type. I suspect there’s picture of this on a noticeboard somewhere. He was very relieved a few days later to find out that the aching and high temperature was proper flu rather than his bits.

Another friend passed out after getting a huge infection. He should have known better as a pharmacist.

having said all that, I have no regrets. Wish I’d had it done a few years before. The comment above about black (and purple) balls is dead on.

hora
    Free Member

This would never happen in Spain or Mexico 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m so glad I’m never going to have to do this 🙂

hora
    Free Member

You stay on the same team? 😛

BTW- no need for the snip, just pull out and AK47′ your partner 8)

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘The SNIP!’ is closed to new replies.