Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • The silent treatment…
  • crikey
    Free Member

Have you tried drawing a face on the end of your penis and telling her that your friend wants to talk to her?

Works like a charm, honest.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

The contents of this thread is why I keep coming back to STW…such, empathy, good advice and out right pi*s taking 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Have you tried Rodeo sex?

That’s when you take her from behind and whisper ‘Your sister’s better at this than you’ then see how long you can hang on for.

emsz
    Free Member

Sulking…not attractive LOL

1. don’t deal with it, it’s not your problem, you deal with your emotions, right? then expect the same from her, she’s an adult not a kid.

2. Its a way of trying to manipulate you but they don’t have the emotional strength for the argument or confrontation, or they think they’re not going to get their way, so don’t let them. when they get that sulking isn’t gonna work they’ll have to resort to OMG…actually talking!!

3. consider whether it’s really ok to have to put up with this sort of child/adult stuff in your life. I did for a bit, but I got bored with it.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

but at least let me know what for…?

Thats the whole point mate.

If youre quick you can still pretty wasted down the pub..

mokl
    Free Member

emsz speaks the truth. I consider it a form of emotional bullying and I have come to the conclusion that it is indicative of an immature personality. Not all women behave in this way. I have had to put up with a full week of silence before, only getting grunts in response to any attempts at conversation. I have to say, my relationship is in a very bad place at the moment, I hope yours is better!

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds like bliss!

darrell
    Free Member

i wish i was getting the silent treatment.

My missus never shuts the f##k up.

Her world record for the “be quiet game” is currently 5 seconds

Brainflex

good time to get that new bike/frame/whatever that you want. In for a penny, in for a pound.

crikey
    Free Member

On a more serious note, just go and give her a kiss and say you don’t want to fall out.

Take the adult approach.

Then squeeze her bum and say ‘Eeeeh you remind me of that fat lass I used to see’

somafunk

I got the silent treatment and dagger stares/door slamming one morning after coming home from the club, so 4 hrs later i buggered off to a mates barge in Amsterdam for a week – i’m not putting up wi that childish shite.

It turned out i had got the treatment as she thought i had made a drunken pass at her best friend, or so her best friend told her – tiz’ a pity i had evidence from everyone else in the club at the time that it was her drunken best friend who tried to snog me and kept grabbing my crotch, there were 500+ other folk in the club at the time and as i was DJ’ing that night i had plenty of folk to set the record straight, she took offence when i got her removed from the club so she phoned my gf and said that i’d been trying it on with her all night.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

THISnever fails 😀

boriselbrus
    Free Member

It’s probably something you did in a dream she had.

😀

Spin
    Free Member

No doubt this has been said already (good lord you don’t expect me to read the thread do you?) but surely if she told you why you were getting the silent treatment it wouldn’t be the silent treatment?

crikey
    Free Member

Ah now, I’ve got just the thing to solve the whole issue.

What you need to do is tie a red ribbon around the little fella then say ‘Now then, I know I’ve messed up somewhere, so I’ve got you a present’

emsz
    Free Member

all you lot trying to work out why your getting the silent treatment is the reason people use the silent treatment!!!

ignore it!!

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife sometimes struggles to deal with her own emotions for a variety of reasons. This is why she goes quiet at times of stress. It’s not always sulking.

40mpg

Ask this question on mumsnet. Then copy the responses back here.

crikey
    Free Member

My wife sometimes struggles to deal with her own emotions for a variety of reasons. This is why she goes quiet at times of stress. It’s not always sulking.

Try the ribbon thing molgrips, seriously, she’ll love it.

…or she’ll kill you…

Junkyard
    Free Member

have come to the conclusion that it is indicative of an immature personality

I think this depends on whether it is occasional behaviour or constant tbh and what he has done

Some folk shout or talk some folk sulk when cross

I would at least like to know why though.

funkmasterp

I would do something that forces her to talk to you and then not talk back, see how she likes it. Is there something of hers you can break/mess with, that will then require her asking you to fix? Two can play at silly buggerd 😉

lunge

Pick up your wallet, your keys and walk to the pub. Do not utter a word to her. Return half cut and fall asleep in front of Babe Station on the sofa. Wake up, cook bacon, go out on your bike, stop at the pub for Sunday lunch on the way home, have a Sunday afternoon in the garage/garden/on the sofa in front of the TV. Basically, don’t respond to it, just go and do what you want to do. At some point she will break rank and wonder where you have gone and/or why you have not tried to talked to her. At this point adult conversation can commence. She wants a reaction, don’t give her one, just get on with things, she will talk to you in the end. If she asks why you are ignoring her just say that you thought she didn’t want to talk so you didn’t.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh I’m so glad I’m single sometimes!

boxfish
    Free Member

I find that Death Metal helps to fill, yet shorten, the tracts of silence.

hugor
    Free Member

Grab a handful of your finest fart and throw it in her face. She’d have to have something to say about that.

zokes
    Free Member

I have had to put up with a full week of silence before, only getting grunts in response to any attempts at conversation.

This is definitely the point at which you can say: “you know Karen from work? Well, she swings both ways and quite fancies you”

Rich_s

Apposite joke from Sickipedia…

“This is all your fault!” my wife moaned this morning.

“**** hell, what have I done now?” I asked her.

“Give me a chance to think,” she said, “I’ve only just woke up.”

Andy_B

Silent treatment = bj?
    It can be ok

Sandwich

A bit of a failure by OP to establish some ground rules at the relationship start. Something along the lines of “I’m not telepathic……” and take it from there. (There will be a bit of a “discussion” about this).

bigyinn
    Free Member

My other half occasionally tries something similar.
    She doesn’t remind me to do something that will be for her benefit (like taking jnr to school so she can go to a doctors appt), then has a go at me because “she shouldn’t have to remind me”. Despite me telling her I’ve got a head like a sieve, numerous times. She still see’s fit to not remind me and THEN have a moan because I didn’t remember, even though she could have reminded me.
    Cutting one’s nose off to spite one’s face if you ask me.

Dolcered

Having to constantly remind folk of stuff, does that not appear to be nagging?

peterfile
    Free Member

Pick up your wallet, your keys and walk to the pub. Do not utter a word to her. Return half cut and fall asleep in front of Babe Station on the sofa. Wake up, cook bacon, go out on your bike, stop at the pub for Sunday lunch on the way home, have a Sunday afternoon in the garage/garden/on the sofa in front of the TV. Basically, don’t respond to it, just go and do what you want to do. At some point she will break rank and wonder where you have gone and/or why you have not tried to talked to her. At this point adult conversation can commence. She wants a reaction, don’t give her one, just get on with things, she will talk to you in the end. If she asks why you are ignoring her just say that you thought she didn’t want to talk so you didn’t.

You’re single aren’t you? 🙂

willard

I usually find that staying out of the way for a few days helps. Just think of it as an opportunity to practice being a combination ghost and ninja, being in the house, but not in the house if you see what I mean.

It is times like these, often (but not always) happening in a monthly cycle) that I am glad I have both a garage and a shed up at the allotment. Both of these allow me a place to hide and a place to do obvious stuff for the house, like gardening, or fixing things. Or hiding.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Crank up the stereo and stick this on.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZxm09G87E[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

She still see’s fit to not remind me and THEN have a moan because I didn’t remember, even though she could have reminded me.

She is your wife not your mother and now she has to take responsibility for her life, your life and the childs

No wonder it irks – I am similarly afflicted mind so not a dig at you but I can understand why it would annoy someone

Dolcered

No wonder it irks – I am similarly afflicted mind so not a dig at you but I can understand why it would annoy someone

drives me up the wall. I quit the reminding after the killer “you are not my mum”. No, too right I’m not.

hooli

If only my Mrs would give me the silent treatment every now and again, I would quite like the peace and quiet 😉

Edit – seems I was beaten to the above answer…

CountZero

Speaking from experience, when your OH declares that they are not speaking to you do NOT ask if you can have some sort of guarantee in writing. It will not be well received.

Although it will earn you a couple of days worth of lovely peace and quiet….

That made me laugh! 😆

fifo
    Free Member

+1

titusrider
    Free Member

Mr C that nail video is absolutely spot on,

Love it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘The silent treatment…’ is closed to new replies.