Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The real reason M&S are struggling…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

..is because thay are utter sh1te! I bought a pair of relaxed formal/smart casual trousers from them last December. ten washes on and the seam at the side of the leg where it meets the pocket has spontainiously disintegrated. I’d take them back but I don’t have the reciept.

The sooner M&S join the ranks of the High Street Zombies the better.

Stoner
    Free Member

I bought a pair of relaxed formal/smart casual trousers

elasticated waistband and pleats? Suits you sir! 😉

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’d rather look smart than look as if I’d lived in a hedge. At my advanced age one has standards and dignity to uphold.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The real reason M&S are struggling?

Jamie Redknapp and Gary Barlow.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

More than that, M&S used to be the bastion of british qulity, sadly it isn’t now, having followed the retail herd into offshore outsourcing, poor quality, and shabby design. They’ve lost their USP.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d take them back without the receipt – it’s not like you could have bought them elsewhere. Proving you wahsed them properly may be another matter.

I have to say, much as I grow into almost everything I used to despise, I can’t see myself ever wearing “relaxed formal/smart casual trousers” from M&S…

I_Ache
    Free Member

I dont even know what relaxed formal/smart casual trousers are. Maybe I’m too young at 29? I have some M&S jeans and some polo shirts that are nice enough.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    The real reason M&S are struggling?
    Jamie Redknapp and Gary Barlow.
    POSTED 21 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Ha ha ha 🙂 very true

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe Sir should get his slacks from the back pages of the Daily Mail?

joao3v16
    Free Member

You can use a bank or credit card statement as proof of purchase.

M&S are (or were) pretty decent with handling returns fairly, so it’s worth taking them back and explaining the problem.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would rather dress like a hedge dweller than join the ranks of the M & S curtain twitching squad.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d take them back but I don’t have the reciept.

You don’t need a receipt in the case of something being faulty. It’s the law.

And it is easy to prove you bought them from M&S as they will have M&S labels in them anyway.

smell_it
    Free Member

I think I would rather smear my legs with dog shite.

loddrik
    Free Member

Love M&S, the only trousers I wear are their trek trousers and the quality is as good as I’ve found anywhere. Damn good value too.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think I would rather smear my legs with dog shite.

No you wouldn’t.

t_i_m
    Free Member

I’d take them back but I don’t have the reciept.

Take them back. They’ve got an excellent returns policy that’ll probably totally negate this thread.

zippykona

Jumpers are now crap.

jfletch
    Free Member

I had a pair of work trousers from them that I thought had disintegrated at a seam after 9 months of use. I took them back after without a receipt and they gave me a new pair, no questions asked.

(Turns out there was nothing wrong with the trousers, a piece of Velcro on my new laptop bag was rubbing away the fabric in a specific spot. :oops:)

Kryton57

Despite the fact I wear expensive suits normally, 3 years ago my mum bought me some M&S polyester teflon impregnated non iron trousers for Christmas.

To thier credit, they’ve stood up to rain, food, baby sick and other abuse and bearly lost the nice seam at the front.

2 years ago I bought the matching Suit Jacket, same good experience. I use this combo as my “non-customer-work-suit-for-use-on-the-tube-after-work-pub-and-other-crushing-sweaty-environments” clothes to keep my expensive suit tip-top.

🙂

scuzz
    Free Member

relaxed formal/smart casual

I’ll have you know that that’s the same as saying a bike is all-mountain / trail.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

M&S struggling? I thought they had an excellent business model in selling shoddy goods to daily mail readers because they used to be Made In Britain and getting away with it because said Daily Mail readers would welcome the opportunity to post yet another pointless whingeing thread on the Internet or write an Outraged letter to the Mail rather than just take the goods back and complain like a normal person.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I like some of their stuff, but their suit jackets seemed an odd fit to me and the shirts aren’t great anymore unless you pay extra for the posh ones.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And I have it on good authority Barlow, redders,klass,twiggy and the rest of them didn’t film that little ad anywhere in this country!!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

M&S used to be the bastion of british qulity, sadly it isn’t now, having followed the retail herd into offshore outsourcing, poor quality, and shabby design. They’ve lost their USP.

This – continuing to charge premium quality prices, whilst cutting quality/cost.

see Aquascutum for further details 😐

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The real reason M&S are struggling…’ is closed to new replies.