Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The perfect bike?
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

Is there one? you can add yours (I for record don't have one that i'd include in this catagory) – it has to be fit for catagory – commuting, downhill, niche, single speed, race, etc etc….. just as long as it's non compromise – no expence spared, no rubbish, just the best for what it is intended to do. I will be judging so don't come here with your SLX filth and your 'one ones' etc as they just won't cut the mustard as Ian McCuloch would say. go on, give it your best: 😆

Sam

This is getting pretty close for me as the perfect race singlespeed.

And this is my perfect tourer.

Daffy

Best bike for me:

This is now in a state of perfection for an all day hardtail:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is the perfect bike for me. It fits perfectly and I don't get back ache, when it broke I got it repaired and it's only fault properly fixed. It handles superbly, I can ride it all day and it's unique to me. Nobody has one quite like it.
    It doesn't cost the earth to replace parts (Indeed I recently built a new-ish hub into the rear wheel and replaced the chain, rings, cassette and mech: All for £45. Yes really) which is very imprtant to me. I've had it 2.5 years now, and I see no reason at all to change it for several years yet. 🙂

In no way does perfect = expensive.

It would be daft putting XTR on it, and it would be no benefit at all to me. In fact it's slowly being downgraded as stuff wears out and breaks. X9 to X7, Hope hub for Deore.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Nomad or maybe an Mojo HD.

36 Talas or 2 step Lyriks that work
    Air shock possibly one of those that trek are starting to use if they are any good
    Double and bash not sure on chainring size but would probably run a 34 or 36
    Crossmax SX
    Middleburn EBB when its released or maybe a noir
    X0 shifting
    Renthal bars and stem and if they do one a seatpost too.

tinsy
    Free Member

Well done PP my sentiments exactly…

Perfect for me, do it all bike. And yeah its got an SLX rear mech, I recently (after this pic) took a perfectly good XTR off it as I just wanted a medium cage and a shaddow type.

cookeaa

In no way does perfect = expensive.

Completely agree…

As for the OP’s question, I’m not sure the “Perfect Bike” can exist, the whole point of riding/owning bikes for me is that it’s a balance of compromises; Cost Vs weight Vs comfort Vs speed Vs durability Vs My own physical state, etc…

There will always be bikes I lust over but can never own, it’s been that way since childhood, if I’m honest none of them would make me any better at riding (a fair few would probably make me worse), so I try not to get caught up in the constant, shiney new kit wankfest…

P.S. whats wrong with SLX?

P.P.S my perfect "all rounder" Cheap forks and SLX/Hone kit;

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The perfect bike?’ is closed to new replies.