Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 436 total)
  • The Olympics
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Don’t see a thread for discussion the games?]

Anyhow road race just kicked of, looks like some course! 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I expected a bigger peloton. How many countries are taking part?

bearnecessities

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

That rowing course looks quite spectacular.

aracer
    Free Member

The rowing (and presumably canoeing/kayaking) course looks brutal – though anybody who’s competed at Nottingham should be used to that, which might benefit the Brits!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the sailing, horse riding and velodrome, the rowing too..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ladies rugby 7s was a bit disappointing in terms of skill – at least until the last few minutes.

Not a great fan of the crest on team GB kit either.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Steve Cummings bowed out a bit early!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Can see Nibali doing something cheeky here, otherwise it’s for Valverde.

slowoldman

That was quite a race. Gutted for G.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye racing was good, basically all I’ve concentrated on today, wacthed the lot of it, so not seen much else, bit of hockey, , womens rugby 7s, judo, swimming, yer man doing the world record was good. catching a bit of boxing the now. good first day anyhow. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Not too much on I’m interested in yet, but it is just the first day, and I also watched that swimming world record by the chap who didn’t seem to even think it was anything much special!

Seeing the times of a lot of finals and given I’m not usually good at going to bed until the small hours it strikes me that’s going to get a whole lot worse for me!

slimjim78
    Free Member

What’s with these (C)BBC presenters? Every one of them makes me want to kill them with fire.

Patronising irritating childish buffoons. We used to have good presenters who could actually, present.

Twodogs

I reaaly reaaly wish I hadn’t watched the video of the gymnast breaking his leg.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Russian athletes all banned from the Paralympics…

aracer
    Free Member

It seems the paralympic committee have more balls than the IOC

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Indeed.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    It seems the paralympic committee have more balls than the IOC

collective punishment is wrong..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The wrath of Armitstead!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It seemed to be a pretty collective crime. So I’m going to have to disagree in this case.

carlosg
    Free Member

I’m rooting for Nile Wilson in the men’s gymnastics cos I’m his postman and he’s a nice lad. He’s been slowly getting better for the last few years and recently got a European gold.

nickc

the temperatures’ about the low 30’s, all the outdoor competitors are earning their pay!

loving the coverage

slowoldman

The nasty descent strikes again. That looked really horrible.

theotherjonv

I thought this was supposed to be about non-cycling events, given there’s a big Olympic cycling one?

GB women’s rugby team seem on point.

Women’s synchro diving – near but far. Some of the cossies needed a wee bit more fabric to be decent.

Fencing – WTF with ‘right of way’ stuff – surely first hit should count?

Anyone staying up to see if Peaty wins our first gold.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ladies rugby 7s was a bit disappointing in terms of skill – at least until the last few minutes.

It looks fantastic compared with the diabolical singha 7’s ladies. What a load of crap that was!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Watching the men’s beach volleyball currently, Brazil v Cuba which is a close game, however the commentator sounds like he’s watching paint dry!

aracer
    Free Member

This is a recommendation to watch it? 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Team GB 7s transformed themselves from first match – great performances now with high skills and some pacy girls. Enjoying watching it now. I wish the fast Welsh lass stated.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Now watching Argentina v Algeria Football with no commentary. Apart from not knowing the names of the players, it’s quite a refreshing change!

theotherjonv

The commentator made a remark that one of the British pair was going for surgery straight after the games (on an injured wrist)

To quote Mrs V….. while she’s under they’re going to need to retrieve her cossy from up her arse crack.

mikey74
    Free Member

Team GB 7s transformed themselves from first match – great performances now with high skills and some pacy girls. Enjoying watching it now. I wish the fast Welsh lass stated.

I’ve been enjoying that as well. That’s some good Olympic watching.

Not when the crime is state-sponsored and systematic. It’s about time someone had the balls to do it. The IOC should be ashamed.

Northwind

Twodogs – Member

I reaaly reaaly wish I hadn’t watched the video of the gymnast breaking his leg

For anyone that missed it:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqTXXK34D84[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

Smashed it

Houns

Rugby Fives

FFS!

seosamh77
    Free Member

the rugby 7s is quite a good game actually. I never watch rugby, don’t even know the rules, not such thing as rugby in any of my schools. But That’s a few times I’ve watched sevens, I’ve got a rough general idea of the rules just from watching it. Quite enjoy it.

So regarding rules what are the must know rules? The 7s seem quite straight-forward, no scrums or anything like that? (what’s the point of them anyhow? ) and how do you foul in rugby beyond passing forward? Take it you’re not allowed to hook someone in the jaw? 😆 and it’s basically that kinda shoulder charge that is the accepted form of tackling?

also just the 2 ways to score, touchdown and a try? 5 and 2 points?

and cards, yellow means sin bin for 2?

DezB
    Free Member

what are the must know rules?

There are soooo many rules! (Speaking as a referee!) I learn new ones every match!
    Basically, got to be one your feet to handle the ball. (get tackled, release, get up), pass backwards, stay onside (I could elaborate, but I won’t), tackle anywhere shoulders and below, using both arms.

DezB
    Free Member

And, as the GB side have just demonstrated and blown their chances of a gold or silver, don’t tackle a player when they’re off the ground, or when they haven’t got the bloody ball!

seosamh77
    Free Member

cheers dez, I’ll mibbe google offside. never knew ye could be.

seosamh77
    Free Member

so you can only tackle a player when they have the ball? if they jump though they are off bounds?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 436 total)

The topic ‘The Olympics’ is closed to new replies.