Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,710 total)
  • 2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)
  • aracer
    Free Member

Maybe when the hammer is down, but you don’t normally need to go then. It’s a standard thing, just that the TV doesn’t normally show it in major pro races where the coverage is being done by people more used to covering cycling.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Problem (in my limited view) with 2012 no one aside from GB was prepared to do any work to try and reel in the breakaway which was a large enough group to be self sustaining. Will try and catch the last hour or so today

aracer
    Free Member

Having resorted to cyclingnews for info on who’s in the break as the TV coverage is rubbish at that (typical amateur Olympic coverage), most obviously no Italian or Spaniard, and right on cue who’s at the front of the peleton!

For info, from cyclingnews:

Breakaway: Simon Geschke (Germany), Michal Kwiatkowski (Poland), Svan Erik Bystrom (Norway), Michael Albasini (Switzerland), Jarlinson Pantano (Colombia), Pavel Kochetkov (Russia).

lightman
    Free Member
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers lightman 🙂

legend
    Free Member

“**** IDIOT!!” – my money’s on Yatesy 😉

theotherjonv

poor bugger Stannard, shoved to the front already and told to bring it back

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just joined appears Porte had a problem but good young Scotty got him back. Invested here as I’ve been out with Porte and raced in a 24 with Scotty Bowden who’s number 4 on the Aus team. Last time I saw him we were talking how to live cheap on the euro circuit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

WTF? BBC1. Where’s the bloody cycling gone?

legend
    Free Member

Red button or iplayer

Klunk
    Free Member

getting nothing but blank screens on the red button (even after a retune )

timidwheeler

getting nothing but blank screens on the red button (even after a retune )

Same here. Help!

Klunk
    Free Member

those gutters look lethal, don’t think I’d want to commute by bike in rio !

theotherjonv

OK on mine

Klunk
    Free Member

******* bbc

Klunk
    Free Member

and the bandwidth on iplayer is shocking

Klunk
    Free Member

iplayer back up to snuff now 🙄

legend
    Free Member

iplayer is crystal clear here

Klunk
    Free Member

his saddles dropped you muppets nothing to do with his gears

aracer
    Free Member

Red button doing nothing, so pleased I’ve finally got iPlayer as standard on the TV

Klunk
    Free Member

carnage on those cobbles

theotherjonv

standard of riding seems a little variable……. riding into bushes!

Properly steep in places too.

Klunk
    Free Member

all these tiny “rental” team cars look odd 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Some poor mechanicing going on, judging by the amount of dropped chains.

theotherjonv

they’re taking the piss a bit with some of these ‘consultation’ sessions back at the team cars 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What are you lit watching it on? Land channels or iPlayer. All I get is rowing or hockey…

aracer
    Free Member

iPlayer – they have a load of live Olympic streams (Youview box plugged into my TV)

mikey74
    Free Member

Red button on BBC, via Sky.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Double entry.

mikey74
    Free Member

they’re taking the piss a bit with some of these ‘consultation’ sessions back at the team cars

It’s because of the stupid decision not to allow radios: You either allow them for all pro events, or none.

theotherjonv

I don’t mean that – they’re supposed to ride at the same time, not get towed.

Klunk
    Free Member

lol possible undersized bottles 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Why does it have to be all or none, and why is it stupid? I quite like the idea of the riders having to think for themselves rather than being choreographed from the team cars.

I thought everybody back at the team cars were recovering from mechanicals though? (in which case you normally get a bit of slack at being towed for a little)

theotherjonv

I thought everybody back at the team cars were “recovering from mechanicals” though?

FTFY

aracer
    Free Member

😆

Klunk
    Free Member

whens the jousting start ? 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ah. iPlayer. Gotcha. 8)

mikey74
    Free Member

Why does it have to be all or none, and why is it stupid? I quite like the idea of the riders having to think for themselves rather than being choreographed from the team cars.

I personally think it should be all or none: You can’t go changing the rules from race to race, but that’s my view.

Many of the “sticky hands” are people collecting bottle or snacks from the team cars, as well as those with mechanicals, or “mechanicals”.

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, I want to go surfing

aracer
    Free Member

Is that all of the British team up in the top 7? Are they going to try something, or just wear themselves out?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,710 total)

The topic ‘2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)’ is closed to new replies.