Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • the new blood
  • samcamsdad

this is my new bike. not had it off road yet, so some kit may change after a ride.BLOOD

mtbtomo
    Free Member

stevede
    Free Member

Looks nice that does, may want a proper chain device if your putting it to its intended use though. Stem looks quite long too for a play bike, may put your weight a bit too far forward. Looks loads of fun, let us know how it rides.

samcamsdad

chain device in the post. as for the stem ill give it a couple of rides, got 60mm of my dh bike to try if this feels too long.

Moonhead
    Free Member

Looks really nice, be interested to hear how you find it.

samcamsdad

hopefully get out thursday night for a ride, so ill report back.
    thanks for putting the pic up mtbtomo, not sure how to to do that yet.

bella
    Free Member

Like the red. Might go for it if i get my blood re-sprayed. I have a 60mm stem on mine which seems about right. Heading off to the Mega to race on it next week. Used it last year and although it is a bit heavy it is so stable it more tham makes up for it. Enjoy

Moonhead
    Free Member

When you say it’s a bit heavy, how much is your Bella?

samcamsdad

weighed mine last night on the bathroom scales, 2.6 stone, 36 lbs. not perfect for weighing bikes but near enough. to be honest i thought it would come in lighter than that.

samcamsdad

So had the maiden voyage last night, and here’s my first impressions.
    We did a loop round chapel house woods,(south lakes), and from the car is 1.7 mile road climb to the top of gummers howe. Now i thought this would kill me, but it flew up no problem. Now in to the woods and the first thing i notice is the low bb, clipped pedals a few times where normaly i wouldn’t.
    On the rocky descents it felt lively, if a little twitchy up front, but it wants to go fast!
    I’ve read some stuff on here about the rear shock on the 2011 bloods not being best suited to the frame, and i can see why. But with a little more time and tinkering, i think i can get the best out of the back end.
    Chain slap is a problem, but a full chain device is in the post, so that should help that out.
    Overall its a cracking little bike that wants to be ragged hard on the descents, and fly off any rock or root that gets in its way. Its also not to bad at going up either, for a bike of this ilk. In fact according to endomondo gps, it took me the same time to do this ride on my blood as it did with my xc/trail bike.
    So glad i finaly bought one, bring on the singletrack weekender! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘the new blood’ is closed to new replies.