Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • The I'm Dave Diet
  • tagger
    Free Member

you need to a personal trainer and a gym membership.

I can’t be bothered with all that mumbo-jumbo. I don’t want to play seriously but do want to change the keg into a six-pack get a bit of shape and get into shape lke TheArtist is.
    This is well impressive.

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

What weights do you use? I usually do 10-12 reps in 3-4 sets of the following…

Abdominal – 40-45kg
    Pec deck – 60-65kg
    Chest press – 50-55kg
    Low row – 60-65kg
    Vertical traction – 75-80kg (did 100kg on Sunday, but only managed 5 reps)
    Leg curls/extensions – 45kg
    Leg press – 120kg (did 150kg reps and sets once, but thought my knees were going to collapse and nearly passed out)
    If I could do that and lose the keg and still have a bit of Ainsley I’ll be well happy.
    Who really needs a personal trainer if this works?

I’m now convinced I can call you al and because of that – I’m out….

Nowt personal and all that 😉

x

tagger
    Free Member

I’m now convinced I can call you al and because of that – I’m out….

Don’t know what your on about. I was just asking for a bit of help to get rid of me gut, the iDave is too extreem and your new diet looks perfect for me. If you can’t help me lose a few pounds don’t worry, I thougth this was proper diet that hasd a history of helping people loose weigth, if it has no basis don’t worry either.

If you are genuine tagger, then fair play – but it’s only my own diet/regime and has no basis apart from my own personal results – take it how you will.

Eat sensibly, exercise a bit and it’s easy really. How old are you btw – I’m 40?

There is no substitute for burn more than you put in – I’d estimate (very roughly) that I take in 1500 Kcals a day (2000 recommended for men – but for what weight I’m not sure) and move about a bit. Just don’t sleep on the calories you do take in.

molgrips
    Free Member

Every thin person is an expert, aren’t they? 🙂

tagger
    Free Member

If you are genuine tagger, then fair play

I’m genuine, why woudln’t I be genuine?
    I think I didn’t understand the title, I thougth that the references in the OP were to say that this was an alternative to the iDave diet. Im 46 and just divorced so looking to get a bit buff for the rugby and the ladies.

There is no substitute for burn more than you put in –

Is it really this simple, the iDave diet seems to talk about sugar and insulin? I can eat anything as long as its less than say 1500 cals and just do more excercise than I put in.
    Can I change that and eat 1000 per day from Monday to Friday then have a few pints on the weekend? Or eat less for a few weeks then go on the lash properly? Then just do more excercise.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it really this simple

No.

There is no substitute for burn more than you put in

Many things govern how much energy leaves your body, not just the amount of time you spend exercising.

tagger
    Free Member

No.

Maybe I got confused then, the OP sounded like TheArtist was on to something new. I guess not. 🙁

molgrips – Member

Every thin person is an expert, aren’t they?

I’m 11.5st / was 15.5st, so yes I think I qualify for expert status 😉

tagger – I’m now pissed on a school night, but yes – it is that simple. Will reply more tomorrow.

spacemonkey

tagger – I’m now pissed on a school night, but yes – it is that simple. Will reply more tomorrow.

Same here … but you’re not allowed munchies to accompany 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

If you eat poorly and don’t exercise now, then eating better and doing more exercise will make you significantly thinner. Go for it 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Is 11-12 stone not a bit light for a toned 6’2″?

If it is, I’m about 4 stones overweight 😳

Kevevs
    Free Member

tagger. If you carried around a little notebook and strictly counted all the calories you ate/drank and didn’t tip 1500-1800kcals a day I can guarantee you you will lose fat over time. Some of it may be muscle. I did this when I was a lot younger and it worked very well, it takes a lot of willpower. my treat was a bag of revels at 200kcals exactly eaten and tasted very slowly! or 4 pak of 440ml fosters at 600kcals. I had it all worked out. I never felt happy with myself though even though I was nice n slim. Now I eat whatever I want and ride more. I’m a bit fatter but happiest I’ve been for years. yeah, It’s not about the numbers but I’d be looking at upping the milage.

tagger
    Free Member

Morning TheArtist, I’ve just got back from a short run, first in a long time. I now feel inspired to do something positive. i’m still trying to get my head round the alcohol thing. You rekon that I’ll still be able to drink and maybe do some cycle races? How does the alcohol effect the body for things like this? It’s just that those on that fast busting diet say NOOOOOOOOOO alcohol at all!!!???

defydude
    Free Member

Is 11-12 stone not a bit light for a toned 6’2″?

I would swap ‘toned’ for emaciated.

The bods on here look fairly normal-ish though.

If you cut down booze it will help even more. I drink a lot and still lose weight – maybe I’m just lucky. I do have a reasonably fast metabolism though. 2 dumps a day.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just had a bacon and black pudding baguette and a slice of black forest gateux.

Is this allowed?

The DPD ratio… is that actually a sign of metabolism?
    Since I’ve upped my exercise and eating I’m ‘regular’.

joao3v16
    Free Member

If you cut down booze it will help even more

Mate of mine goes tee-total for Jan/Feb every year & is pretty much guaranteed to lose 1.5-2 stone in weight.

This is with no change to his exercise routine or diet.

He wasn’t a big drinker as such, just a couple of glasses of wine with meals most nights I think, maybe a few beers at the weekend.

It is allowed TSY, just eat well for the rest of the day and don’t do the same every morning. I ate like a pig over Christmas, but not so much in the evenings still. Put on 4lbs in a fortnight, but that’s gone now.

I would imagine metabolic rate is more scientific, but DPD is an indicator I believe

iDave
    Free Member

iConfused

iDave
    Free Member

I’m at a pro team training camp and this was last nights desert for 10 people. I’m sure this helps clear up any confusion about diet….

WhiConfused Dave?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ten of everything on that table, apart from those brownie looking things with possibly icing on the top…. 3 people will miss out. either they’re chubby funsters like deadly, or you’re a nasty man.

which is is iDave, are you nasty or is deadly a chubby funster?

Seeing as I’m a sucker for punishment…

Before (August last year – although I didn’t start being healthy until September)

Now (improvements have reduced to minimal noticeable difference over the last month or two)

Mantastic
    Free Member

@TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR , nice ass; you work out? How much do you bench?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘The I'm Dave Diet’ is closed to new replies.