Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The Great Dirtworker Debate!
  • rands5df
    Free Member

I would just like to add that whether you get a cheap one at Halfords or not I just bought one at £89.99 as a mate has had one for two years and it’s not missed a beat.

The one I got was a further improved model. The spray gun is lighter but still quality and the cap now has seal all around the cap plus a one way valve so it won’t spill in the car. Really is a must have tool. I looked at others – bad copies, wheels I ask you! and it is still by far the best. No fuss quick delivery.

http://www.dirtworker.co.uk/

Time to get muddy!

Laters…..

wildrnes
    Free Member

word…

hora
    Free Member

No offence to any dirtworker fans on here but to me, its abit of a gimmick. Its another thing to remember to pack into the car. Where does it end? Its going to be like a big family picnic to the seaside. How dirty do your bikes get? I use a Pond liner (thanks Ante). If the bikes been washed you’ll still need a liner otherwise you’ll end up with damp/misting/mould problems one day soon. Just stick a brush in the boot, rub most of the rubbish off and give your bike a proper wash when you get in.

hora
    Free Member

Or just do what I do……stiff brush and re-oil the chain before your next ride 🙄

richc
    Free Member

I thought that hora until I got one, as did my mates. However once you have got one you realise that they are actually very good and bloody useful as you can clean your bike off at the car while the mud is still wet and easy to remove.

cp

but as hora said, surely you just end up with a big puddle in the back of the car or wet seat backs/carpets, which then causes your windows to steam up? obviously this doen’t matter if you carry the bike on the outside of the car… i tend to prefer sticking mine inside.

hora
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, If I saw one in Halfords I’d have it in a shot. Just could see it sat in the hallway next to the other stuff Ive accumulated thats all.

richc
    Free Member

Well living in a flat, and having blocked my outside drain with pebbles/grit/mud I can safely say that I never leave mine at home.

Also yes the car will get a bit damp, however it least it doesn’t get muddy and damp.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I couldn’t care less about my car, but i have to keep the bikes in the flat and i don’t like that stinking of mud/sh1t etc..

I used a friends one for several months and eventually got one myself.

they are worth the 89.99 though. obviously you’re saving a load of cash getting one from halfords, but it depends how much you value your time and whether the local stores have got one. I had a quick look in local stores, gave up, then bought it new, but i’m cash rich(ish) time poor at the moment!

atlaz
    Free Member

I have to get my bike through the house when I get back. Having a way to clean it helps a lot.

hora
    Free Member

AH! Eurika. Flats. Yes, if I live in a flat 110%, sorry guys I didnt think of that.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I will not be drawn into this silly thread.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘The Great Dirtworker Debate!’ is closed to new replies.