Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The Flaming Lips
  • LoulaBella
    Free Member

Anyone heard the new single? I really like it, hope to see them play live in November, tickets a bit pricey though.

BigJohn

Silver Trembling Hands? I heard it on Adam & Joe, but it doesn't seem to be on Limewire yet 😯

callous
    Free Member

I only half heard the new single a week or so ago, it was a bit experimental for my liking but it just might take a couple of listens before it clicks.

I saw them live on the last tour and they were amazing – one of the best gigs ever.

now I am jealous.

matthewjb
    Free Member

The new album is meant to be a bit of a departure from the last few. A bit more experimental!

yoshimi

LoulaB – you have some seroius musical taste…first replying to my Pavement thread and now bringing up Wayne et al – yes I've heard it and love it…but with a forum name like mine what do you expect 😀

yoshimi

btw – i was in Moerzine when the tickets went on sale – ever tried using ticketmaster in a rush on the side of a mountain using 3g on a phone? by the time i got to a wifi spot they'd gone – looks like it'll be me dealing with the usual tout faces on the night!

eviljoe
    Free Member

This Thread needs pics

Took pics of them at Bestival last year- their live show blew my mind…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yoshimi, there are still tickets available for the Portsmouth gig, which is on a friday too. I looked at it and considered going, but I've seen them twice before, and I'd just want them to be playing the whole of Yoshimi 🙂

waihiboy
    Free Member

Do you realizeeeeeeeee that everyone you know…… someday…. will die?

😥

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Like the new stuff, but I'm looking forward to seeing them in Brum even more. My favourite band 😀 and despite the fact that Wayne sounds like a cat being neutered without sedation, the best band I've seen live ever.

How can you not like a band that has hoards of Supermen/Teletubbies/Santas/animals dancing at the side of the stage.

LoulaBellla, You're missing this….Clicky

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Yay I bought a ticket for the Portsmouth gig, I cant wait!
    Yoshimi you have good musical taste too! Im loving the Spinto Band at the moment and Les Savy Fav!
    I also love furry dancing rabbit people animal costume craziness!!!

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Good work Loula! you have fun in Portsmouth 😀
    BTW, look out for Yoshimi, she's a black belt in Karate….

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Silver Trembling Hands? I heard it on Adam & Joe, but it doesn't seem to be on Limewire yet

Adam and Joe had an awesome playlist on Saturday. Saturday feels like Saturday again.
    Stephen!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

This site may have shite taste in bikes…..but musical taste looks a bit more like it.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Anyone ever go to ATP?

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Sorry, but what's ATP? (obviously far too uncool for school… 🙁 )

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yes, went to Breeders ATP this year. Also went to a few when it was in Sussex, Shellac and Autechre curated those two. Brilliant concept for a festival. Musically I loved them all, the minehead site is much better than camber sands though.

ATP started as a festival where the organisers pick a band, then that band chooses all the other bands. They mix it up a bit now so sometimes it's 50/50 ATP/band and other times the fans pick 50%. Makes for an eclectic mix of music, so you'd see bands you might not consider normally.

BigJohn

Just Coming!

LoulaBella
    Free Member

My first ATP was the Slint one at Camber Sands, last one was ATP vs the fans (Minehead), Shellac were ace, Built to Spill were amazing and I met them, they were lovely.
    I agree Minehead is better, I have never seen so many pale Indie boys in a swimming pool all at the same time!
    Its the best festival, no tents, having a chalet rocks, all cooking in the kitchen, meeting your neighbour and popping in and out of other chalets for parties. Its cool that the bands stay with the fans too so you never know who your rooming next door too. Some late night poker games went on at the Shellac digs.

Amos
    Free Member

Still the best live act out there!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Like the new stuff, but I'm looking forward to seeing them in Brum even more

Well I hope for your sake its not at the 'new' Academy… 🙁

Pook

Thankyou Loula – just got tickets for Brum.

OHH – what's wrong with the new academy?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

ATP? Went to all of them up to my last one in 2003 (I buggered off abroad for a few years at that point…) Had a great stoned zabriskie point-esque afternoon at the Autechre curated one, ooh, feel the hot sand pouring through my fingers…And discovering the adult sized trikes in the storage shed the same year was a highlight…great drunken water pistol duels and chases on the paths inbetween the chalets 😀

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Going to ATP next year, should have a STW piss up in my chalet!

Raindog
    Free Member

Going to Manchester, third time I've seen them, I couldn't be more excited. Silver Trembling Hands is a belter, it's going to be a great night…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The Flaming Lips’ is closed to new replies.