Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Bath Store, any experiences
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Needing a new bathroom suite, went to our local branch, chose some stuff & got a price of £1350 comprising of bath, panel, tap, & waste. Basin with cupboard, tap & waste. Loo with soft closing seat. All in the sale which ends on Sunday.
    Anyone had any dealings, good or bad? Thanks,

chiefgrooveguru

Complete morons with the aftercare of a crack dealer.

Everywhen
    Free Member

Stuff is nice, but they don’t seem to keep anything in stock.

Delivery is quite expensive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve heard horror stories on here but my bro got on fine with them. I think their stuff looks nice & good value compared to the minging overpriced stuff B&Q sell. I intend to use them for an ensuite later in the year.

They have sales all the time so don’t panic re the prices.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As above there is a constant sale so dont be taken in by that.

When we bought a bathroom suite last year we thought they were slightly better than average quality, but quite abit more pricey than some places.

Having said that I’m not a plumber so no experience of what works in the long run…

Rio

the sale which ends on Sunday

We got a quote from them a few months ago for a complete bathroom suite, they pushed us to buy at the sale price but we couldn’t because we were waiting for some planning permission. Since then they seem to have had a succession of sales and the prices are if anything less, so I wouldn’t get too worried about having to buy before the sale ends – they’ll be another one along in a minute.

Edit: beaten to it – must type faster!

z1ppy

I struggled with Bathstores prices, and then struggled to pay for the plastic tat B&Q sell (except the soft close toilet lid which is ace)..
    Suprisingly as I only needed towel rails/toilet roll holders the TU stuff from sainsbury’s (really) seem so far to be pretty good & decent quailty compared to those other two.
    I’d look elsewhere…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awful, really bloody awful. If you do a search you might be able to find a thread I started epressing my disdain…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I got on fine with them
    I did think tho that the prices for the basics stuff wa fine but all the accessories was very expensive- for example my bath was £150 which was good – but they wanted £89 for the bath panel and taps were very expensive – so all I bought off them was the bare bath

That sounds a lot to me for a bathroom suite

Eggbox
    Free Member

As said above things like the roll top baths are good value but other stuff is way over the top and can be had far cheaper at B&Q, or screwfix.

Their after sales is terrible. They are basically just sales people in store and in my experience were rude and uncooperative when things went wrong. Part delivery of orders was where we fell out.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

I’m confused, thought this was a “bike” not “bath” forum.. 😯

Harry_the_Spider

My old next door neighbour used them and they made a right mess of it.

It was not helped by the fitter jumping off a bridge halfway through the installation. 😯

JonBurns
    Free Member

I did our bathroom a couple of years ago using bathstore. I think it was better quality than B&Q and as they always have a sale on you’ll probably find you get a great saving on a couple of items. Then a few weeks later some of the items you bought full price are in a new sale.

I also did a bit of shopping around so mixer shower, shower screen I got elswhere but bath, basin, loo have all been good.

I did have to send a bath back when first delivered as had a blemish but don’t remember a lot of hassle to get it swapped.

If your doing the bathroom yourself or buying the bits in for a plumber I don’t think you can go too far wrong but shop around and know how much things should cost.

ourmaninthenorth

Our ensuite is bathstore. Some items are ok, others are not, esp the shower tray which has delaminated.

Per sq ft, by far the most expensively renovated room in my house….

jonb
    Free Member

We ordered some stuff it arrived and it worked.

They weren’t particularly cheap though when compared to online stores. We got quite a lot of ours from Victoria Plumb.

brakes
    Free Member

they have good-looking modern stuff and there’s one less than half a mile from home so I bought a toilet and sink from them and carried them home rather than having them delivered…
    the staff were idiots and accessories expensive so I wouldn’t go to them for a full suite and fitting

DaRC_L

We got on fine with them – they recommend bathroom fitters who were fab, worked bloomin’ hard and did a 100% great job (Romanians)
    compared to the guys who did the kitchen who did a 90% job, didn’t work as hard (so took longer) and didn’t tidy up after themselves.

DezB
    Free Member

If buying taps, compare Ebay prices first.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Think I’ll wait till we get back from holiday! I’ll check Wickes & the like out as well. Thanks for the info everyone.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

How much?!
    😯

Are you anywhere near stockport? If you are, I can sort you out with top quality stuff at B&Q bargain corner prices. Vitra, Trojan, Twfords, Tre Mercanti, Aqualux, Hudson Reed etc

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Bath Store, any experiences’ is closed to new replies.