Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The AA house insurance & bikes
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Already got a quote saved from M & S and will probably go with it unless people have had good experiances with AA

basically its provided by HBOS (who quoted me 500 quid and wouldnt cover any bike unless it was a listed item)

the AA website states up to 1500 for an single contents item and i have 1 bike listed as a specific item of up to 4000

quote comes up at 200 quid

M & S comes up at 300 quid

Im dubious and will probably go with M&S but anyone used the AA ? – they do also state that shed contents covered up to 3000 only – but that does cover my bikes that will be in the shed 😉

M & S does seem better cover even just writing this – but my question still stands even if i go with M & S – perhaps AA should be clearer with what they actually dont cover.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have the aa and have had to cliam for a bike which was easy. Like you i have a couple of bikes under the 1.5k limit and one over.

trail_rat
    Free Member

hold on i like that ……

so your bikes under 1.5k were claimed for without being specified items ?

I think i need to phone them – get the fact they will cover them in writing – then and only then will i be happy to save 100 quid

Cipher23
    Free Member

I have AA insurance and unfortunately had to claim earlier this year. Had 3 bikes listed – 2 over £2K and one just under. AA were brilliant and the assessor was very sympathetic. The only thing to look out for is the clause regarding outbuildings (sheds/garages etc). The max claim for anything stolen from one of these is £3K.

…oh, and they use Halfrauds 😥

chilli
    Free Member

I use AA,claimed for one stolen bike and one damaged frane,no hassle with either,when the assessor saw they were custom items that they don't sell at Halfords and they just gave me a cheque,i would recommend em. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

sound chaps ! good lads – i saw the outbuildings clause – my sheds so small that i couldnt get more than 3k in it unless i stuck my good bike in 😉 which i wouldnt

druidh
    Free Member

Is a garage still an outbuilding if it's attached to the house?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The bike i cliamed for was a custom built (mainly from spares) and they just asked me for a list of the parts fitted and made me an offer based on that it was worth about £800 from memory and they had no problem with the cliam they didn't even ask for any proof of what was on the bike.

jonb
    Free Member

I am with the AA and will just reiterate dome of the above. There is a maximum claim from a garage of £3k and a limit of £1.5k on an individual item if unnamed IIRC. Was ok last year but now I've bought an epensive bike I'm over on both.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The AA house insurance & bikes’ is closed to new replies.