Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Tell me about rum please.
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

warton – Member
    I’ll admit I only drink Havana club with Coke. do you lot drink it straight? bit of ice,or totally on its own?

Nah, can’t say i’m a connoisseur of any sort really, drink it with coke and a slice of lime myself, just a recent thing too.

I was basically looking for something to drink on nights out as 10 or 15 guinness is a bit much for me these days! Though 10 or 15 rums, sorted, no hangover! The way forward!

Can’t say i’ve ever been a fan of spirits mind, but the rum does sit well these days. As I say, preferably, havana 7, but usually revert to OVD if havana isn’t available as it seems to be the most available. Though kraken is quite nice if you can get it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Constantine Post Office has the best stock of Rums on the planet, I bid you find better.

nowik
    Free Member

Second the Kraken black spiced it’s gorgeous and the cockspur old gold,very smooth.

Drank nothing but Myers when I was on the cruise and that went down really well also.

The missus even likes the Kraken,which is a bad thing 😯

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Oops!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iueTdTRzPHE[/video]

so er… we bought a bottle of rum from an idiot for 70 quid, we decided to, stupidly, open it, we then did some research and it turned out to be a bottle of “Henry & Jefferson of Whitehaven” Rum.
    upon calling the Rum Story Museum we discovered the last flaggen went for 38k, we are currently doing more research into the run to discover if we have made the biggest mistake of our lives and opened a bottle of rum worth nearly 40 grand.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you’d have to try and drink the entire flagon to get over that!

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’ll admit I only drink Havana club with Coke. do you lot drink it straight? bit of ice,or totally on its own?

neat, or the odd summer mojito.

can’t see the point in adulterating fine spirits with a kids fizzy drink.

debaser

Just tried this stuff and couldn’t resist buying a bottle. Single cask Jamaican rum… 81.3% 😯 Astonishing depth, dangerously tasty.

MrSmith
    Free Member

how much?

debaser

40 quid, which I parted with all too easily after they buttered me up with a free tasting session of their new bottlings 😀

(I’d enthuse about the 27 year old Clynelish single malt I tried, but since this is a rum thread I’ll keep quiet)

scaredypants

Can I just check,

In the same way that whisky makes you frisky and brandy makes you randy, does rum really cause premature ejaculation ?

epicyclo

scaredypants – Member
    …does rum really cause premature ejaculation ?

Yup, several times in the first 5 hours. OK after that… 😈

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about rum please.’ is closed to new replies.