Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Tell me about Rivington Pike?
  • justme
    Free Member

big daddy I live in the lee quarry area and often dont work on tuesdays would be happy to show you round if I’m not at work email me for my phone no (email in profile) G

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

crispo, I’m staying clear of Longridge Fell now until it’s frozen solid. (Fellow Grimsargh resident)

crispo
    Free Member

Yeah, we rode it a week and a half ago and it’s was a mess, about the only rideable bits are the fire roads. Fingers crossed we get some cold weather soon. It’s great in the proper cold and snow!

justme
    Free Member

Are we saying the 9th is set

Bunnyhop

Definitely bad AIDS.

I have CFS/ME – seems to come and go a bit – having a bit of a shit period at the moment and I’ve not been on a bike for a few weeks. My hilarious mates refer to it as my AIDS. Sorry to hear it’s still bad Grum. I would take up the stoker offer of tandem if I were you. It really is a laugh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes we are just me – or at least I am and I am organising it so there will be some number between 1 and some there

badllama
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the map 😀
    The path that I’ve found is a good run is the Witton Weavers Way from the top of Belmont Res “Old Mans Hill” to “Cadshaw” very smooth and very fast in places only problem is from Cadshaw it’s road back 🙁

Oh and it’s a bit of a climb to start with ripped up be MX bikes 😥

xiphon
    Free Member

crispo – slightly off topic, but we’ve got a DH race on Longridge Fell on Sunday.

Over at Birdy Brow / Kemple End. £2 entry (winner takes all) + whatever else you pay is donated to Air Ambulance. So far, about 30 registered racers…

Should be a laugh!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

DH race on Longridge Fell on Sunday

Damn you xiphon!
    I’m up in the Lakes this weekend (Rossett Ghyll on Sunday 😀 )
    I’d have had a piece of that.
    Post-up on how it goes pls.

crispo
    Free Member

Xiphon, might come over and have a little look see. Where abouts are you meeting and what time?

Would be interested to see what route your taking plus if it’s for a good cause…..

xiphon
    Free Member

Here’s the CDH (Chatburn Downhill) facebook event for the race.

Nearest postcode for parking – BB7 9QY (although it’s someone’s house I think! Park on the road, and track is signposted)

It should be publicly viewable?

https://www.facebook.com/events/366056596814633/

hallz
    Free Member

Cheers guys for the map
    The path that I’ve found is a good run is the Witton Weavers Way from the top of Belmont Res “Old Mans Hill” to “Cadshaw” very smooth and very fast in places only problem is from Cadshaw it’s road back

Oh and it’s a bit of a climb to start with ripped up be MX bikes

Dont need to do much road riding back. Turn right on to the A666 at Cadshaw for about half a mile then turn right down Stones Bank Road. You can then pick the Witton Weavers up again and it will take you back to where you started near Tockholes Road.

Much of this can be seen in my ride here…

Tour de Witton Weavers

bigdaddy

Justme – excellent, thank you – I’ll take you up on that! I’ll email in the morning, system’s down at the mo…

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Rivington Pike?’ is closed to new replies.