Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tell me about Maxxis Highrollers
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ive never really paid much attention to tyres and the arrival of Maxxis had also slipped me by

But Ive been 'looking after' a mates bike with inter compund Highrollers (I think) whilst hes travelling and as it would be rude not to make sure its OK have been out on it a few times in the mud/snow/winter crap and Im very impressed

Is the Highroller a winter tyre particularly?
    It stacks up very well against my Mud X's for sure

Ive been looking at CRC and Wiggle to make sense of the range

Do you Maxxis fans run them all year round or swap between the seasons?

Cheers

Blackflag
    Free Member

60a Kevlar on the front all year round………….. but i'm very lazy.

mrh86

2.35" 60a kevlar on the rear, and a super tacky compound on the front (42a?) all year round.

kimbers

its more of a summer tyre afaik, their swampthings are even better in the goopy stuff

yep 60a is the hardwearing

42a- supertacky is the intermediate

40 – slowreazy is the soft one

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i usually use ADvantages, used high rollers for the first time yesterday.

i had ordered a new advantage on saturday, this morning i amended my order to a high roller.

i'd always thought they were a proper DH tyre… but i can't believe how good it was yesterday.

advantage rear (2.25) and high roller (62a, 2.35) on the front for me…

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I use them mainly in the dry or tacky. If it gets too muddy i get out the mud-x's. As i live in the cotswolds i definitely need a tyre that can vaguely clear up in the muddy conditions or i wouldn't stand a chance.

I've tried 2.1" – horrible
    2.35" 60a on the bike (giant trance) at the moment and they were brilliant for yesterdays ride.
    2.5" 42a on the downhill bike.

I'd like a 2.35 minion F on the giant trance to be honest. if anyone wants to swap?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+ 1 for High roller 2.35 LUST front here Medusa 2.1 LUST on rear looking to swap the rear for Advantage or High roller 2.1 cos trails drying out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Maxxis Highrollers’ is closed to new replies.