Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about lightroom
  • Stainypants

I’m off sick for at least a week and I’m bored to tears already. I’ve been in and out of hospital for two weeks so I’ve worn out the internet already.

I have just bought a digital SLR which I use (and I know this will annoy some of you) as posh point and shoot to get low noise pictures with nice depth of field of my kids. I got fed up of getting poor photos indoors from my otherwise excellent TZ7.

I thought this week would be a chance to learn about lightroom for organizing and importing my photos or should i just stick to picasa which does a pretty good job for free.

ski
    Free Member

Lightroom is great if you need to edit a batch of RAW files, I think its also on a free months trial still.

Worth checking out http://froknowsphoto.com/ for long haired tips on lightroom too 😉

Drac

If your just using it for importing and organising don’t bother, it’s a processing images and is excellent at night.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

I find it good for organisation and such. I actually prefer just using Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop for raw processing though, just a simpler interface and I prefer doing one photo at a time rather than sifting through my library etc. But I understand my workflow may be quite unconventional.

molgrips
    Free Member

As an amateur I flick through my JPEGs to find the two or three good ones then I open the raw and over-process it til it’s far worse than the original JPG. Then I either shrink it down so no-one can see the details and put it on flickr, or I print it out whereupon the colours end up completely different to what I’d intended anyway.

molgrips
    Free Member

Photoshop Elements ftw, btw.

grum
    Free Member

Superb piece of software imo – LR + RAW files = epic win. 🙂

So fast and powerful.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I use it for organising 150,000+ images (mainly jpeg) and also for retouching/resizing and batch processing. I’ve not really looked closely at the other systems but it is an amazing bit of software. Much simpler and more intuitive than Photoshop for retouching but also makes it really easy to search for pictures by a massive number of criteria.

_tom_
    Free Member

As an amateur I flick through my JPEGs to find the two or three good ones then I open the raw and over-process it til it’s far worse than the original JPG. Then I either shrink it down so no-one can see the details and put it on flickr, or I print it out whereupon the colours end up completely different to what I’d intended anyway.

This is what I do as well 😀 I don’t do enough “pro” photography to justify using something like Lightroom to organise everything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about lightroom’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts