Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 234 total)
  • TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • molgrips
    Free Member

This is it, this is the big one. Expect stuff to happen today, and not just in the GC since there are sprint points clearly up for grabs. And RealMan is still in bed, like all Real Men should be 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think tomorrow is the big one. 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

it’s a 48 hour big one.

and even then without big time gaps it’s still all to play for in the ITT

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    birdy
    Free Member

Have they cleared the snow off the Galibier?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Done the Izoard, Agnel and Galibier, though not in one day and certainly not the “rideout” before them either.
    Make no mistake, at pace these are going to be Hard.

Bertie for the win today, Tommy to come in having lost a minuite on Cadel..

Hard I tell ya’s.

scaredypants

bah, this isn’t RealMan service – where are the links to streaming tv, gaps etc ?? 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I do wonder if snow is going to be an issue… It’s been snowing apparently.

phil.w
    Free Member

I think tomorrow is the big one.

tomorrow could be interesting as it’s short so anyone wanting to make up time will have to attack from the start – but that depends on what happens today.

today is definitely the big day in terms of the route and potentially where one of the contenders could drop a lot of time.

going to be interesting two days for sure.

miketually
    Free Member

They’re ‘only’ riding the easy side of the Galibier today. Tomorrow, they ride the hard side en route to Alpe d’Huez 😯

racefaceec90

rather them than me,riding all that 😯

brassneck

Is there snow on the Agnel & Izoard too? Galibier looked like it need bobsleighs, not bikes yesterday.

stgeorge

Had to pass this one on 😀

Schlecktacles

Cheers

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Hope the Shlecks take the fight to Contador today and hope Tommy can hang in there as long as possible. Europsort player at the ready, office door locked and phone off the hook! Bring it on…

BigJohn

Every time I see that profile I think there’s going to be a few riders who get their front wheels caught in that ditch just after Briancon.

warton
    Free Member

me wife has crashed the car this morning (she’s fine) so I’m working from home to make sure shes ok and to sort out recovery etc, just so happens I’ve set up my work laptop in front of my 42 inch HD TV with Eurosport HD on…. bring it on.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

why do people want to watch junkies ride bikes, its a nice day i could go in to Manchester city centre and do that!

clubber
    Free Member

why do people post stupid comments on threads they have no interest of knowledge about? it’s a nice day, they could go out somewhere decent.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    why do people post stupid comments on threads they have no interest of knowledge about? it’s a nice day, they could go out somewhere decent.

lol its true, they are junkies and they are on bikes, road cycling and drug takeing go hand in hand, it pisses me off that these wasters get any time on TV at all,

nedrapier

Can you watch the whole stage on ITV player rather than just the highlights?

I love mountains, me, and I’d like to see plenty of scenic shots, along with all of the racing.

Edit: and I’m at work this afternoon, so what’s available this evening?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

moving on

am really looking forwards to the next couple of days stages – maybe the picture of who has the legs this year will clarify itself

leggyblonde
    Free Member

ilovemygears, did you read the thread title? why open it? It pisses me off that ill-informed ignoramuses get any internet space.

WackoAK
    Free Member

ned – the coverage on ITV player starts at 1pm

nedrapier

Wacko, my afternoon sat in front of spreadsheets at work starts at 1pm, too. Can’t get on iplayer here. I’d like to watch the whole thing at home later.

carbon337
    Free Member

stream? I know at 2 ITV4 turn on but until then.

Haze

Looking forward to this, nice couple of days off work to watch smackheads ride up mountains.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Hoogerland in the break today. Surely there’s not a man alive that wouldn’t want to see this one succeed.

Haze

Carbon, try steephill.tv

SST
    Free Member

Watching live coverage on TV, checking here and cycling news forums on lap top. Cup of tea and packet of ginger biscuits beside me . . . gonna be a great afternoon.

🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

bah, this isn’t RealMan service – where are the links to streaming tv, gaps etc ??

Just can’t get the service round here can you.

Some useful links:

http://live.cyclingnews.com/
    http://gaps.letour.fr/us.php
    http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

*Nods approvingly towards Molgrips*

Although as it’s a summit finish, do we not get one of these?

😀

Everyone to attack towards the tops of climbs, to open a gap on the Shlecks, then make it bigger on the descents. Cavendish to wheelie down the descents whilst pissing and chatting to the guy next to him, pulling mad drifts around all the corners, easily hitting 70mph through the bends, and occasionally doing a whip whenever he gets any air.

Evans for yellow.

RealMan
    Free Member

Alberto Contador is a long way down in the yellow jersey peloton and there don’t appear to be any other Saxo Bank-SunGard riders in that group. Worrying times for the Spaniard? Or is he bluffing? He was back at the doctor’s car earlier in the race, but yesterday it seemed as though his knee problems were behind him.

Contador to pull out of the race from annoyingtitus and Cav to wheelie past him giving him the finger.

warton
    Free Member

Whos the bloke in the breakaway? Garmin rider in world champs stripes? I’ve seen him a few times, surely Hushovd is the only one allowed to wear stripes on a normal road stage. and no, its not hushovd in the break…

confused.

RealMan
    Free Member

Whos the bloke in the breakaway? Garmin rider in world champs stripes? I’ve seen him a few times, surely Hushovd is the only one allowed to wear stripes on a normal road stage. and no, its not hushovd in the break…

There’s been more then one World Championship road race, and it’s not just Thor that’s won it.

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Yes, it’s all very interesting to see what’s happening at the front of the race, but the linky above shows Cavendish out the back of the pack already.

Green going to Gilbert/ Rojas cos Cav gets timed out?

Mind you, he’ll get back on the descent, eh?

Is there much potential for garden/ home visits by riders today?

warton
    Free Member

There’s been more then one World Championship road race, and it’s not just Thor that’s won it.

But only Thor can wear the full on stripes for this season. and you don’t get stripes for U23 world champs etc.

I think its Ramunas Navardauskas and the stripes are actually the lithuaniun national chanpion colours

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh you mean like full on stripes? I think you’re always allowed to wear them on your sleeves if you’ve ever won it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Alberto Contador is a long way down in the yellow jersey peloton and there don’t appear to be any other Saxo Bank-SunGard riders in that group. Worrying times for the Spaniard?

He’s got Euskatel riders in the front group. It looks like they are happy to work for both Sanchez and Contador for the time being, I suspect partly for nationalistic reasons but also paying back favours granted them by Contador in the Giro.

As for the world championship jersey. Thor is the only rider allowed to wear the rainbow Jersey on a road stage as he his the reigning champion. I think previous word champions can incorporate the stripes onto the sleeve design of the jersey in much the same way as former national champions can include theirs

EDIT

I think its Ramunas Navardauskas and the stripes are actually the lithuaniun national chanpion colours

That sounds the most likely explanation.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Look how good those roads are in the Alps. Ours get a bit of snow for 4-5 days a year and fall apart.

RealMan
    Free Member

Just heard the tyres scream from the sky car 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What was that website tracking riders and power output?

Thanks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 18 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.