Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • TDF Stage 16 – SPOILER!!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

😆 Thought I'd get in early 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Terrific day ahead with an HC and a CAT1 climb. There are two sprints also but I'm guessing Cavendish will be still on the descent of the Grand Saint Bernard as Hushovd takes more points(?)

tankslapper
    Free Member

This just in from Lance

Interesting note – top 20 in this TdF separated by only 6 mins. Extremely rare with just 6 days to go. Tactically very risky 4 us.7 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChrisE
    Free Member

where is the best live www feed(s) to keep an eye on it while (ahem) working?

C

colnagokid

another long day in the armchair!

nostoc
    Free Member

very risky 4 u

alpin
    Free Member

wha time does the stage kick off (french time pls).

got the day off, some bacon (sort of bacon because it's german; somewhere between english bacon and that american crap), bought some rolls.

hp_source

ChrisE

the 'live feed' on the offical tour site is good, but not too subtle for work I guess

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

tankslapper – Member

This just in from Lance

Interesting note – top 20 in this TdF separated by only 6 mins. Extremely rare with just 6 days to go. Tactically very risky 4 us.7 minutes ago from UberTwitter

What are your thoughts; is this a good thing? It's certainly making for an exciting climax, but at the expense of a pretty dull first two weeks.

the00
    Free Member

Contedor thinks that everyone will be attacking him given the opportunity. It'd be interesting to see Kloden attacking being used as a distraction.

Wiggins should have an ok chance today without a summit finish.

tankslapper
    Free Member

HP

I reckon it's a good thing – it has been relatively boring in that everyone is (barring Cavendish/Hushovd) are being too nice. Ever the optomist I still think Armstrong may take a punt at Berty yet. And Wiggo – he's a revelation. Would hate the Tour to bog down now in 'unassailable lead' fiasco today!!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Thinking about it I reckon Andy, Frank and Wiggo team tagging Contador would be very interesting – I reckon it's the only way to stop him. Early co-ordinated attacks up the first Col?!

glenp
    Free Member

Today is a day for punishment, sending your rivals into tomorrow with nothing left in their legs – a day to be cautious if you are defending.

Armstrong will be outside the top five after these next two days, leaving him to TT for pride alone. Its an awesome final week to the race – very well conceived I think – mountain-top finish to sort men from boys, then rest, then two days of defending like crazy and the risk of over-extending yourself in the process, then the TT, then Ventoux!

the00
    Free Member

We'll see a bit later, but anybody think that the whole "Contedor is too strong" thing is a very clever ruse? Armstrong used to be a master of tactics and game play. Is he having us all on?

glenp
    Free Member

Dream on! Armstrong was completely shot on Sunday – Kloden paced him the entire way.

Contador looked fantastic in contrast – he pace, acceleration, quick tempo in the legs and rhythm tha just ain't possible if you're done-in.

clubber
    Free Member

What are your thoughts; is this a good thing? It's certainly making for an exciting climax, but at the expense of a pretty dull first two weeks

Agree with that.

I can't see Lance beating Contador though depending on the time gaps, if he's got the form he may be allowed to get a stage win.

Markie
    Free Member

Plenty of live feed links and info here.

http://www.cyclingfans.com/

tankslapper
    Free Member

Cavs been dropped by the pelaton

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

How does a big old unit like Karpets get up mountains that quick? p.s. bring back the mullet Vladimir (not a patch on Laurent Brouchards though).

colnagokid

Here we go!
    Come on Wiggo!
    Anyother cracking ride by young Roche too

rolfharris
    Free Member

Shit has hit the fan. Incredible.

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

Wow – this is getting good now! Great to see Armstrong fighting his way back!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Should be a good scrap for the stage win between the breakaway boys.

retrorick

Well the wiggins group has lost any advantage that they had.
    Silly billies.

Stoner
    Free Member

whats the layout of the groups and leaders then?

(cant get flash on client site to see the letour.fr graphic and the europsort text update is crap!)

Im in the dark here!!! 😮

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

Wiggins looked as comfortable as Contador matching those accelerations! Now let's see what his descending skills are like…

gamo
    Free Member

I love when people say armstrong doesnt have the legs anymore,
    as the same age as him i wish i had so little in my legs!!
    anyway hes not going to win but come on lance. 😀

retrorick

Bunch sprint at the finish, I reckon.

Stoner
    Free Member

aha! finally some useful info on the Europsport text

15:45 – 31km – Pellizotti is first over the summit, closely followed by Van den Broeck, Astarloza and Moinard. The gap is two minutes to a group of 11 featuring Armstrong, Contador, Kloden, Wiggins, Vande Velde, Voigt, both Schlecks, Uran, Ten Deam and Nibali.

go on wiggins!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

As long as no one crashes, that should be that for the GC boys today. Just a scrap for the stage win.

woodey
    Free Member

They have been talking about Wiggo all afternoon on the italian coverage (Rai 2)

Hold-up…jens voigt face plant owwwwww!

retrorick

4 up front, 2 min ahead of contador group
    which has brad lance and kloden in.
    Voight has crashed on descent looked nasty.
    Evans 4 min down.

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

Yeeks, Voigt's crash looked nasty! Did you see the sparks coming off the bike in the slo-mo?

retrorick

Stayed on the road on crash. Over a bump in road.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Ouch!! hope he's ok.

woodey
    Free Member

Wiggo leading them all down, go on son!

retrorick

18sec to lead group, contador around 1.40 behind.

Shandy
    Free Member

Great stage so far. I've driven the descent into Bourg many times and there are some tight turns further down and some very patchy sections of road, it could get interesting here!

woodey
    Free Member

"Did you see the sparks coming off the bike in the slo-mo?"

I thought that was his specs 😯

retrorick

19km to go 1.35 to contador

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘TDF Stage 16 – SPOILER!!’ is closed to new replies.