Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • TdF, big guns for the win today?
  • jonb
    Free Member

Still another 2 weeks to go. He might not be in it to win it anymore but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person to go out with a whimper.

I hope he doesn't do a Landis esque. recovery in a couple of days.

Still hoping for a Wiggins attack. He's not going to win sitting in the bunch for three weeks hoping the others crash. Looks like Contador is waiting to go though…

RealMan
    Free Member

I can't feel sorry for Armstrong to be honest, there's nothing worse than a sportsman trying in vain to hold on to the end of his career, why not just bow out gracefully? What exactly has he got to prove or is the man that self centered than he thinks he's still in prime condition?

Yeah, how dare he do what he wants to do. Doesn't matter that he's still a better ride then about 90% of the riders in the race. Why doesn't he just put his bike on ebay and go watch deal or no deal. The idiot.

I think he's probably at the point where it's all gone wrong, it keeps going wrong and you just can't believe it, you just want to sit down on the road and let it all go.

+1. When you're at that point, dropping your water bottle on the ground can make you want to give up.

jimmyshand, looked like the rider behind him couldn't get round, and crashed into lance, causing him to go down.

radoggair
    Free Member

LA will be 10 mins of yellow by tonight, but still early days. He wil make up time on time trials for sure and maybe hit the other climbs hard. Contador looking good tho but think Schlekt might do well, he looks comfortable

steve_b77
    Free Member

@ Realman, there is truly nothing worse than watching a once great sportsman try and carry on when he's not the man he was.

Crell
    Free Member

Ouch – the pain on roche's face! The winner is going to come from the mini peleton then.

dasilva
    Free Member

Heating up now, this is ace. Surely Contador will fire his rockets soon…

crazy-legs

No chance that Wiggins will atack at that pace. The slightest showing of any potential threat at the front and Contador will just hit the gas. I reckon at this pace they might just catch the last breakaway guy up the road.

dasilva
    Free Member

Brad's not really positioned for an attack, shame.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Weegies get everywhere

RealMan
    Free Member

Turn your TV off then. What do you think he should do? Go home, and watch TV and wait until he dies? What's wrong with him continuing to compete? Is he not good enough for you? Maybe you should let him know he has disappointed you so badly. I'm sure once he knew that he would quit straight away.

crazy-legs

I don't think anyone is capable of an attack!
    Anyone puts a nose out the front and Contador will counter straight away, I think he's capable of it now but just sitting there biding his time.

Crell
    Free Member

Id have said evans, but he just needs to sit there today. I'll say Basso @2 km to go – but Contador will pip him.

myheadsashed

@ Realman, there is truly nothing worse than watching a once great sportsman try and carry on when he's not the man he was.

I would say he still is a great sportsman – one bad day doesn't make a tour.

crazy-legs

Wiggins dangling off the back… 🙁

EDIT:
    Not dangling, popped completely. Double 🙁

RealMan
    Free Member

Wiggins looks bad.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm sure once he knew that he would quit straight away

I doubt that very much somehow. Like many once great boxers, they can't resist one last crack at the title, no matter what shape they're in.

Answer this, would you not rather be remembered as the guy who won so many tours than the guy who blew up and failed on his comeback parade, a la Schuey ❓

dasilva
    Free Member

Aaaargh – stay with it Bradley!

Blackhound

Yeah, WIggins won't attack from there…

Crell
    Free Member

Bang goes wiggo in spectacular style

myheadsashed

WIGGO BANG!!! 😳

crazy-legs

Avoriaz is a right dump isn't it?!

steve_b77
    Free Member

oh no!!

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Can Wiggins get back on?

Jase
    Free Member

Wiggins has shown today that he won't be on podium this year

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Nonsense.

RealMan
    Free Member

there is truly nothing worse than watching a once great sportsman try and carry on when he's not the man he was.

Guess Wiggins should just quit then, right?

crazy-legs

I'm actually really impressed by Cadel Evans – much as I can't stand his whiny annoying voice, he's done incredibly well to hang in there.

steve_b77
    Free Member

FFS grow up, Wiggins is trying to win a grand tour – in all honesty it will more than likely never happen – he is not trying to wn back a title that was his for the keeping a few years ago

dasilva
    Free Member

Fair play for having a dig though, its made it an epic stage.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Nice attack.

dasilva
    Free Member

Go on Andy!!!

crazy-legs

Great stage!

Crell
    Free Member

They're all on the edge! I bet Sanchez is gutted after that. Schleck has the legs it looks like over contador…roll on Tuesday!

myheadsashed

Looks like Contador finished with the tank empty

crazy-legs

Wiggins in at 1.45 down…

Blackhound

Wiggo at 1.45. Depends how well he recovers but can make some up in tt

higgo
    Free Member

Avoriaz is a right dump isn't it?!

Yeah, there's graffiti all over the road.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

When and how long is the ITT?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Could this be the year of the frog?

radoggair
    Free Member

Schlekt might do well, he looks comfortable

I was right, go me!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘TdF, big guns for the win today?’ is closed to new replies.