Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tall On-One 456 Riders
  • montarius
    Free Member

Any tall (6’4 and over) on-one 456 riders out there?

I am 194cm / 6’4 or 5 tall with a 35.5 inch inseam. Wanting to replace my fury frame as its too small for me and noticed the 456 has a long TT.

Would the 20″ fit? Advice / comments welcome

lesoxdh
    Free Member

I am 6.2 and i am riding a 18inch with no trouble as i have the seat post at almost full height. The top tube even fleet to long with anything longer then a 50mm stem. So the 20inch should fit.

ton

6ft4” here with a 34” inside leg.
    i ride a 20” with a 60mm stem and a 400mm seatpost, but only run half the post out.
    fits fine.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’m a tad taller than ton at 196cm but I ride the same geometry as him, 20″ with a 60mm stem. I have a 15mm layback post too, sticks out quite a bit. I like it, I like it a lot.

montarius
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, sounds like it might be a good fit for me. Whipper, what seat post are you using?

Are you both using standard stems or are they riser?

bigpole
    Free Member

6’6″ and I ride a 20″ 456 and love it!!!!!!!!!!! 36″ leg and I must admit I’m on the limit of a 350mm seat post

ton

thomson post and wtb 15mm rise stem

ratadog

Another 6’4″ with a 34″ leg. Running a 20″ 456 with about 190mm of seatpost showing. Running an 80mm stem with 25 degree rise and Mary bars.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

what seat post are you using?

Are you both using standard stems or are they riser?

the post is a Van Nicholas ti post (I have a ti 456 so went the whole hog), it’s 400 or 420mm long (not sure how much is showing, quite a lot, I do know it is bent now).

It’s a kona stem, not sure of model, not sure of rise to be honest but I do know I have probably over a cm’s worth of spacers. The bars have an inch rise. So, I’d recommend before cutting your steerer down experiment and see what feels right for you.

ratadog

So, I’d recommend before cutting your steerer down experiment and see what feels right for you.

Agree, I ran mine for a while with a variety of spacers but eventually switched to less spacers and a stem with a rise.

montarius
    Free Member

I will be using my Carrera fury as a donor bike so not going to have much choice with the steerer length.

Need to decide if I want the carbon or steel frame now, tough decision!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

6ft1″ here on a 20″ 456ti. 60mm stem, saddle on an inline post, saddle slid quite forwards on its rails.

clubber
    Free Member

6’5″ with 35″ inside leg.

I ride 20″ inbreds/456s and they’re spot on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tall On-One 456 Riders’ is closed to new replies.