Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Talk to me about wide bars
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Currently use some nice pro frs high risers but want to swap for mid/low rise.

what are decent wide – 720mm ish bars under £50

stumpy01

I’ve got Sunline V3’s. I wanted to try some wider bars and these are great value. <£30
    I’ve seen quite a few people recommend the V1, which can be had for <£50.

peterfile
    Free Member

Renthal Fat Bars, think I paid about £55, so close in price.

dustypumpkins

Got Sunline V3s too in 25mm rise. Great bar at a great price. Using a 25.4mm clamp my options were more limited than OS clamp.

thebunk

KCNC Scandium Bone? Low rise, 710mm, and very light for £50.

binners

I’m using Spank Lounge Bars. 700mm which is about right for me. They can be had for £45 on CRC. I’m loving the extra width. Fnarr fnarr

CheesybeanZ

niner flat top 710mm with a 9 degree sweep , stif have them for £49.00

stumpy01

dustypumpkins – Member
    Got Sunline V3s too in 25mm rise. Great bar at a great price. Using a 25.4mm clamp my options were more limited than OS clamp

Yep, that was one of my considerations, as I wanted a wide bar, but didn’t want to get a new stem as well…
    They come in O/S as well.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

In need of wider bars too. Was looking at these in a shop the other weekend

http://www.nukeproof.com/handlebars/warhead-riser-bar

Very impressed, nice and light as well. About £50 rrp, but you can always get a discount if you ask nicely. Stems and seatpost were quite tasty too. I know whats on my birthday list this year.

Trimix
    Free Member

720mm, thats not wide. 800, now thats wide. Proper wide – makes riding Cannock much more exciting 🙂

Ive got some Gravity Light bars. £57.99 on CRC

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve got some mint OS Sunline V2’s (711mm, 25mm rise) sat in the spares bin since i split the bike they were on.

Ridden maybe 6 times before i split it.

£20 posted if you want them?

Baldysquirt

I have sunline V1s (710mm) which I really like. I may get some V1 flat bars for my hardtail when I get round to building it – they’re doing them at All terrain for £40.

bigjim

I have some Holzfellers which are 700mm but still ain’t wide enough. They were cheap as chips and nails hard.

_tom_
    Free Member

I like the feel of the Deity D30s I have, come in low rise as well.

BillOddie

Anything sub-730mm isn’t wide. 😉

You want some 760mm Nukeproofs.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

+1 for the nukeproof warheads. Got some about a month ago.Very Impressed by the extra control you get with the longer bar.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Watch out for that tree.

ahwiles
    Free Member

azonic world force.

proper wide (760mm), cut them down if you want.

CRC.

£35.

300grams and very strong.

it’s pub o’clock.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve got Sunline bars on all my bikes. I was amazed at how much difference they made; the width just seemed to make the bikes more fun to ride. I am occasionally a bit wary of the gap between the trees but have only come a cropper once, and I am sure that was partly due to my rubbish riding and/or eyesight!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wednesdays Edinburgh nightride one of the lads had wide bars. I did relish the bit of twisty singletrack between the trees. Muffled curseing ensued as he couldnt get thru one of the bits. 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol

deus

Funn Full On bars, either standard or OS, 15mm rise 750 or 710mm wide, £30 CRC.

hambl90
    Free Member

Nukeproof warhead

PJM1974
    Free Member

I picked up a set of Funn Fatboys for less than £50. At 710mm wide and less than 280g, they’ve transformed how my Enduro handles.

My “big” bike has 760mm Nukeproofs, again for less than £50 and for roughly 300g aren’t bad at all.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about wide bars’ is closed to new replies.