Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Switching ISP. Are BT any good?
  • freddyg
    Free Member

Now I’m really confused!

According to the Samknows website, based upon my number and postcode, there are packages promising download speeds up to 40Mbps (BT Infinity). However, when I look at the page for my exchange there is no LLU operator presence and only ADSL / ADSL max available.

Cletus
    Free Member

Regarding BT how do people with it find the “Unlimited WiFi” feature.

If I understand correctly a small proportion of every customers bandwidth is available to other customers to access via WiFi using a separate wireless network.

How well does this work? – do you have to use whatever broadband router BT supply if you want to participate in this?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Also if there is a problem it’s always with your kit or the line in the house, and to get an enginer out costs you money if the faults on your property, even when the whole street have the same problem,

If its a general line fault affecting others it won’t cost you anything,just make sure you prove it off your kit and internal wiring before you do anything else
    Not really BT’s fault if you don’t follow the guidelines, your service provider gets charged and passes the cost on

Regarding BT how do people with it find the “Unlimited WiFi” feature.

That would be Openzone, basically an unsecured network giving you a good choice of wi-fi hotspots for agreeing to share part of your bandwidth, use whatever router you like although the new Home Hub 3 is actually very good

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Switching ISP. Are BT any good?’ is closed to new replies.