Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Swinley awash
  • petetheplumber
    Free Member

Just been for a walk around Swinley never seen it so wet. November was the wettest month on record but the snow melting is far worse. The small puddles are now 4 times the size, even the drainage sumps are overflowing. Some of the trails round the Crowthorne area are completely under water. How much water does one snow flake hold? And is your area the same?

djglover
    Free Member

Was out on the Surrey hills on Sunday and the ground was frozen with a layer of powder snow on top, you could have skied in places, the riding was great. Bet its a swamp now though, I'll be leaving the mountain bike away until May I think

forge197
    Free Member

Riding Swinley on the 29th better get my crud catcher packed if that's the case!!

cinnamon_girl

Will avoid, not that I'm able to ride at the mo'.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Wow! Petetheplumber in "starting thread" shocker! 😆 Things must be bad! Bound to happen when the snow melts, only wish I'd got to ride snowy trails a few more times. As it is, I'm completely pissed off with the ice on the cycleways round town and don't really care if it rains for the next 6 months – i just want it above freezing!
    Happy Xmas, Pete – sorry I've been so slack recently – see ya soon, eh! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Swinley awash’ is closed to new replies.