Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • sweaty helmet
  • bassspine
    Free Member

…the Xen/Hex thread has inspired this…

I have the fortunate talent of being able to sweat freely. This is a big advantage in jobs where you're expected to be working hard, as it makes me look like a real trojan. But it's a pain on the bike when the sweat gets in your eyes.

So, what's the (thermally) coolest helmet, the best at dealing with gallons of perspiration?

scaredypants

Forget it mate – try a short hard ride without a helmet, on road if you feel the need, and see how sweaty you get even then.

resign yourself to sweatygittyness – suppose a thin headband might redirect the sweat round your eyes

Adders69
    Free Member

Anybody tried one of these? Clicky

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TooTall
    Free Member

I'm loving the Uvex helmet fit – cooler IMHO.

trailmonkey

But it's a pain on the bike when the sweat gets in your eyes

Wear a buff ? Works for me.

scaredypants

that sweatsucker ad looks too much like this for me

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a full head of hair and still always wear a buff – keeps the sweat out my eyes and means i can take my helmet off and put it back on without the gross yucky cold wet feeling

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stick some grease on your eyebrows – sweat runs off the side.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, wear a buff. They look well, ummm…buff 🙂

IdleJon

There are loads of helmets that push air across your head, but strangely they get described as 'jey' or 'darkside' or something equally infantile.

Meanwhile, 'proper' MTBers insist on buying helmets that try to distance themselves from road-styled helmets and in the process get a sweaty head just standing in the woods……..

My Hex was one of the worst helmets I ever had, while an old Giro road helmet used to make to make me feel like I had an insect moving around inside it, there was so much air being pushed through.

I've just bought a Bell Variant which is a huge improvement on the Hex.

hug
    Free Member

I've got a Fox Flux which seems to have a fair airflow v protection ratio.
    and i sweat so freely that my need to replace fluid while riding is severely limited by my need for oxygen

bassspine
    Free Member

hmmm, wear a buff and make my head even hotter? It works in the winter but surely not at this time of year maybe it's one of those counterintuitive things, or maybe I sweat too much….

trout
    Free Member

Buff wicks the sweat into the airflow which evaporates giving the head a cool ( err I think) Seems to work for me

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I wear a Buff in summer as it keeps sweat out my eyes. I wear on in winter cos it keeps my head warm.

amazing things are Buffs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

try it and see ….

works for me thats for sure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘sweaty helmet’ is closed to new replies.