Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • sweary cops??
  • gixer.john
    Free Member

About an hour ago i was driving up the M5 towards the M6, weather was a bit shit, rain, spray etc. I overtake some cars, pull into middle lane, drive a wee bit further indicate pull out into 3rd lane to overtake – repeat a few times. On pulling out the 3rd time a volvo comes right up behind me and puts his full beam on, so i put on my fog lights to let him see my lights are also working (prikc) Road goes down to two lanes and the nobber tailgating me decides to put on his dash mounted blue flashing light, i pull over where it is safe and he comes running up to my car as i open the door. He says ” Do you think it is smart to be pulling in and out of the lanes in this weather? I should take your licence of you now you fuKKcing idiot and take it back to the office. Now fcck off” he then ran back to his car. Looked a bit scruffy for a cop, cheap nasty shirt and tie. Car was a blue Volvo saloon, with those cheap bluish headlight bulbs in them. Let off for me, or do you think anyone would have the bollocks to pretend to be a cop, bit dodgy trying it on the M5 / M6 Junction.

alexxx
    Free Member

Probobly was a cop but not a traffic cop, sounds like he was a nobber and you putting your fogs on made him ego trip, dont stress it but if it was me id have got the reg and gone to the station and reported him

nickc

You could call into your local nick, and ask them?

woody2000

I reckon you got scammed! Fakin’ bacon 😀

snaps
    Free Member

Ring the rozzers, give them his registration & say you weren’t happy being spoken to like that.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Did you get the number plate? Either it’s a badly behaved police officer, or someone impersonating a police officer. Not quite crime of the century but certainly something to consider reporting.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not seen a police volvo in that area for years

they currently seem to be using a 5 series beamer, a golf and a focus ST

you’ve been scammed. a traffic car looks like a chavy christmas tree with blue LEDs all over it when they fire em up

ziggy
    Free Member

I’d report it too, do you think you would be allowed to speak to an officer like that without being arrested?

Clearly he had nothing better to do.

Badger
    Free Member

Reg number and report to the IPCC – Police are public servants – they’re not supposed to swear at the public as that brings the police force into disrepute – his sergent will give him a boll*cking if he can be arsed.

Alternatively if it was someone pretending then you just performed a public service and they get nicked for impersonating a Police Officer, as well as illegally detaining you (the former is a very serrious offense with fairly hefty penalties).

Badger

Gary_C

Definitely scammed imho.
    My rule would be not to stop for an ‘unmarked’car,just carry on driving,if it was genuine plod behind they’d soon be on the radio for a ‘marked’ car to pull you over.
    Did you gt his reg no?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

an interesting tactic Gary, why not add fail to stop to your rap sheet 😯

ski
    Free Member

Sounds like a STW forum member to me, but then again it couldn’t be, they all drive Octavia’s

Just a thought, I thought undercover police cars lights were in the grill not the dash?

gixer.john
    Free Member

Couldn’t see his reg because of the rain and spray. He pulled in behind me so i couldn’t see it then either. When he told me to “fkkc off” i did just that, was more interested in filtering back onto the M6, rather than looking behind!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

NOT A COPPER but work on that part of the m5/m6 all the time, most of em are ok but a few are on a HUGE ego trip. Chances are it was a unmarked, they still use em, prob a CMPG car

takisawa2

an interesting tactic Gary, why not add fail to stop to your rap sheet

A tricky one that, but I can see where he is coming from. But what are you suppose to do ? If I had any doubt I’d not stop, probably go to a safe (public) place & call the plod myself. I doubt the fail to stop thing would stand up in court if you did that.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

be surprised if it was a real copper as putting full beam on you is not a police tatic when driving as its likly to lead to you losing control and crashing or causing a crash a real copper would put the blue lights on that are mounted in the grill(never seen one with dash mounted lights since the 70s)and the main light flash alternate with the blue lights, call the local nick and report the joker before he does something worse than pull someone over (i.e lone women)

rolymo
    Free Member

You weren’t pulled over by a real copper, certainly not a traffic one. Even unmarked cars are adorned with all manner of fixed blue lights, a single dash mounted light and the description you give sounds like a sad deluded individual with a chip on his shoulder.

Gary_C

mrmichaelwright:Didn’t want to send a long winded reply originally,but takisawa sums it up for me.
    Also,when I said “just carry on driving”,do just that,nornally,not bombing off up the road like some wally.If the cops behind are genuine,a battenburg will soon be behind you asking you to pull in.

Smee
    Free Member

No chance in hell they are a copper. A traffic cop would know a bit more about good driving than that.

You are well within your rights to keep going to what you deem to be a safe place before pulling in regardless of the police car markings or distance to that safe place.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about the tailgating than the language and report him for that. Driving like that in this weather. You should have taken his licence off him there and then! Either way, if you report it and it’s a fake, the police will want to know and if it’s not a fake, he deserves a slapping from his superior for driving like that. Also, if it’s real, the events as viewed from the car will be recorded.

surfer
    Free Member

If it wasnt the police who would do that?

If they used the flashy lights as a way of pulling you over and extracting cash from you then that would make sense but just to pull over to shout **** off seems strange to me.

gixer.john
    Free Member

I thought that traffic cops would have on a stab vest, and most probably a hi-vis vest.

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve been pulled by an unmarked, un uniformed cop in that area.

I was a Jag, and had the blue lights behind the grill, Officer was obviosly reasonably senior.

I had just undertaken him at 90, him on the outside lane trying to slow me down, was about 6:30am on a Sunday

brack
    Free Member

Prob just a sad bugger who like to liven up his sad and lonely existance by blue light ego trippin.

We used to have a right sad git locally who went to the trouble of fully marking his Volvo T5 estate in paramedic response car livery….with blue lights and the works.

Got caught out by radio hamming and responding to a 999 medical hoax call/trap set up by the police….would love to have been there!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

If they used the flashy lights as a way of pulling you over and extracting cash from you then that would make sense but just to pull over to shout **** off seems strange to me.

A couple of acquaintances of mine have fake blue lights under grille that they use to a) clear traffic out of the way when wanting to get somewhere at high speed and b) scare people into pulling over when they’ve pee’d them off. Dont think either have actually stopped and got out, but give them a few years and high blood pressure and I’m sure they’ll progress to it!

GrahamS

“I should take your licence of you now you fuKKcing idiot and take it back to the office. Now fcck off”

The correct response would be: “Swear at me again and I will arrest you under Section 5 of the Public Disorder Act. You’ve been warned.”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The correct response would be: “Swear at me again and I will arrest you under Section 5 of the Public Disorder Act. You’ve been warned.”

LOL! That would get you a quick trip to a cell, where you’d sit and stew for several hours. Have you ever dealt with any real police? I’d like to see you try that with CoL anti-terror squad. Some of them are right nasty buggers.

Sounds like a STW forum member to me

So, an even Greater Authority than the Police, then?

MinishMan
    Free Member

Keep driving might be OK if you doubt they are police, but if they are chasing you through the underground and pull out handguns you better stop! 🙄

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Keep driving might be OK if you doubt they are police, but if they are chasing you through the underground and pull out handguns you better stop!

Especially if you are a illegal immigrant!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you are an illegal imigrant, or look like one, or are not white, or just look different, you’d better be careful with our compassionate and caring police

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Especially if you are a illegal immigrant!

Or even if you’re a legal one, paying tax…

meehaja
    Free Member

MAte of mine got a blue light flash from an unmarked car, dodgy area in town, late at night, scruffy looking driver. refused to pull over and headed to nearest police station stating that h was being followed by an unmarked car, drving aggressivley close, speeding up to his bumper and slowing down etc.

turned out to be some obscure invetigative unit on a power trip who got a stern telling off from the desk sgt.

mildred

The blue headlight bulbs are the give away – not legal in the UK – wouldn’t be fitted to a Police car.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ello elllo ello!

TenMen
    Free Member

As a copper myself, can I say:
    a) If the police aren’t in a marked car, they shouldn’t be pulling you over
    b) We all wear scruffy shirts, so no clues there
    c) Covert blue lights are generally in the front grilles, not the ‘£5 from eBay’ dash-board mounted style.
    I think it’s likely that it was some Walter Mitty type who pulled you up, which is quite scarey in itself. But even if it was a real police officer, they shouldn’t speak to you like that and deserve a b0llocking for doing so.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

TenMen; I’ve had far worse swearyness, from your Babylonian colleagues.

Mind you, if I was a copper round here, I’d **** swear, an’ all.

TenMen
    Free Member

I can honestly say that I’ve barely sworn at anyone throughout my career.

[Gets coat and runs towards door]

coffeeking
    Free Member

Tenmen – you see loads of cars pulled up by unmarked cars on “stop – police” and “the UKs wildest chicken runs” documentaries? They even go hunting for stolen cars in them? And I’m fairly sure my dad has been pulled by an unmarked green car.

And realistic looking blue grille lights can be had for £15ish.

Still, i’d be wary of pulling for an unmarked car, I’d probably wait until I was joined by a marked one which wouldn’t be too long I’m sure! Might be a whole heap of trouble by that point too!

GrahamS

Have you ever dealt with any real police?

No, I am white middle-class 😉

fisha
    Free Member

Report / Complain about it.

Where I work, such things usually get taken seriously. If it was a cop, they’ll get a bollocking. If it wasn’t, the car will quickly make the intelligence hit list to watch out for.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘sweary cops??’ is closed to new replies.