Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Suspension seatposts
  • duckman

How wrong? I am logging walks for my ML and my hardtail is going to see a lot of miles to get me nearer some of the hills I have targeted.I will be wild camping a good bit and was wanting to save my back a bit.Do they actually take some of the sting out? Thanks

Radioman

Not worth the hassle in my opinion. I used to run a USE one years ago. Its better on modern frames to run large volume tyres(but light ones!) if you have enough clearance.

igm

If you have a larger diameter seat tube, you can run a narrow seat post and shim it to take a bit of buzz and kick out of the bike.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have used a thudbuster and its great – far better IMO than the telescopic types. Iused one at the 'puffer and it really helps – allowing you to sit down rather than stand up on ruted tracks and the like.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Used a thudbuster for a while and was superb on my merlin malt. For what your after it would do agreat job.

br1zz
    Free Member

I used to have a thudbuster on my old alu hardtail after suffering back ache when riding for any more than half an hour. Worked like a charm. It would be on my current bike had it not been nicked by some scrote.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Thudbuster is amazing

fbk
    Free Member

Got a Use Alien (old style) one you can have for not much money if you want to try one 😉 – hardly used it really.

Email in profile….Sorry.

grtdkad

Yup, great for high mileage stints. My Rocksox post just happens to be on a popular auction site at the moment!

disco_stu
    Free Member

another thudbuster recommendation here, it really does allow you to pedal through the rough stuff sat down

JoeBones
    Free Member

Shame about the price!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Suntour do an OE thudbuster rip off? I'd find the rearward motion annoying to be honest. Maybe okay for touring and trekking but surely a hindrance for anything else?

JoeBones
    Free Member

The suntour one looks like turd.

I have owned a thudbuster in the past the rearward motion is no problem as it is the way the wheel is going anyway.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Gnarr – its suprisingly non annoying, The distance from the seat to the BB hardly alters so it doesn't bob much unless you hit the resonant frequency and you don't really notice the backward movement – or I don't.

nickc

A friend of mine ditched his after finding that although it alleviated his back issue, it did his knees no good.

JoeBones
    Free Member

By using two parallelogram linkages rather than a telescopic shaft, the Thudbuster moves down and backwards. This mimics your natural body movement if you were stood up absorbing a bump.

As well as making the motion feel natural, this also dramatically reduces the change in pelvis-to-pedal distance compared to a telescopic post, so pedalling rhythm is less affected. It also lets the bike rise up and forwards underneath you over bumps, and there’s no shearing stiction either.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

My thudbuster may still be up for grabs.

Price set though so dont bother trying to knock me down, i'd rather keep it than sell it cheap.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-xt-bottom-bracket-cane-creek-thudbuster-lt-1?replies=6#post-1064390

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Suspension seatposts’ is closed to new replies.