Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Surrey hills conditions
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Anyone been over there today? Heading over to Pitch Hill tomorrow and just wondering how boggy the ground is? Is it rideable?

Bert
    Free Member

I went to Holmbury last night before all the rain and there was 3-5 inches of slush and ice. I will he heading over again tomorrow, Hopefully the rain will have washed some of it away.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I drove up that way today but didn't ride. There is more or less no snow left at all now, but the whole area is very wet; it should be rideable but expect to get very wet indeed.
    Heading over there myself tomorrow for the first ride on my new steed. 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

What's the new steed?

Finkill

Lots of snow/slush on Leith Hill today, the rain didnt wash much away and although the snow was almost gone in coldharbour once you got up to the top it was a slushy mess. Fairly hard going and some bits almost unrideable due to the ice and slush, though it was lots of fun sliding around.

lots of fog/mist today aswell.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Scott – that would be on this thread:
    New Bike

glenp
    Free Member

Yesterday was a blimin nightmare! Anywhere near the top was deep in slush and near impossible to ride it. Bit like riding along a deep sandy beach all day, but more slippery. We were pedaling quite hard to go downhill. When you got as low as BKB was not too bad, but the tops were not much fun. Lesson learned!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Surrey hills conditions’ is closed to new replies.