Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suggestions for frame upgrade – replace 2005 ETS_X
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m looking for ideas or suggestions.

I have a 2005 19.5″ ETS-X which I’m possibly looking to upgrade the frame on as despite my best efforts it creaks a lot…. One thing which distinguishes this bike is it’s relatively short reach – the horizontal top tube is 595mm (23.4″) which I like as despite being 6ft tall I’m mostly leg (34″ inside leg) so a long reach makes me too stretched out. So I’m looking for suggestions to replace the frame; at the moment I’ll say cost is no object but I should also say I’m currently living in Canada so some stuff is cheaper. Most of the other components are newer so that is my main reason for thinking frame only.

So it is a frame with about 4 or 5″ of travel suitable for 100 to 140mm forks (I have a Talas) with a short(ish) reach in the top tube.

One’s I’ve looked at currently are

Yeti ASR5 (24.6″)
    Santa Cruz Blur (24″)
    Trek Fuel EX 24″ (closest but need some shenanigans with components)

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something obvious……

hambl90
    Free Member

Rocky mountain altitude ? Loving my 2009 model.

sweaman2
    Free Member

True – logical choice perhaps but not available as frame only 🙁

Leku
    Free Member
    pottsathome
    Free Member

My mate just swapped his ets to a tomac automatic and loves it. But not as much as his ets

Rickos
    Free Member

Transition Bandit? Short top tube but steep seat angle so still feels normal when stood up for us long in the leg types.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Interesting Leku… the irony of being in Canada but having to buy the frame from an English provider. I’ll take a look at the Bandit as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for frame upgrade – replace 2005 ETS_X’ is closed to new replies.