Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suggestions for 2 weeks in the alps
  • tall_martin

Hi,

I am going to go to the alps for a couple of weeks on my own.
    Any reccomendations as to where to go who to stay with? I went to morzine/ le Gets 3 years ago, the best day was a 3 hour climb from Morzine to the french/ swiss border followed by hours of decents and 3 lifts back to morzine.

Max budget for 2 weeks flights/ transfer/ acommodation/ food is £1000.

I looked at Flow, are they good?

Cheers for any help

Martin

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

what bike ya taking ;p

tall_martin

My 2005 giant reign with a z1 fork and a fox vanilla coil shock. Big tires for down hill days and normal ones for singletrack:)

wormhole

google "ride the alps" and have a look at what Jamie has on offer? i have been out with him for the Chamonix to Zermatt week and it was tip top terific, also his sigletrack week is amazing. good vfm too.

b17
    Free Member

We're spending 2 weeks with The White Room in St Foy. Had a cracking week there last summer. As well as the great singletrack round St Foy itself, I thought it was good to be so well placed between Tignes, Les Arcs and La Rosiere. I gather that Stevo knows a lot of epic rides in the area if you like your climbing too. I rather like the van uplift…

nickegg
    Free Member

+1 for The White Room. We're returning for another backcountry week in September after our first Alps trip with them last year. Can't wait!

We were going to do 2 weeks also but plans changed. But we wanted to the last chairlift week/first backountry week in order to sample as many different trails as possible.

Stevo and Iona are superb hosts….also try Trail Addiction. Not gone there myself but i hear good things.

hainey
    Free Member

TrailAddiction are phenomenal in Les Arcs. A must.

Also worth checking out Bike Village and Bike Verbier.

Pila is a lot of fun too.

Check out http://www.trailaddiction.com

Sounds like the sort of thing you're after.

Les Arcs is awesome riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for 2 weeks in the alps’ is closed to new replies.