Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • STW Docs and nurses…weirdest things youve seen at work??
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

come on…weve all heard the alledged stories…"i once saw this bloke with x stuck up his bottom etc etc"…

tell all please…names and places can be obmitted…

<sits back with a coffee>

odannyboy
    Free Member

come on…dish it….

grahamh
    Free Member

One told to me by a A&E doctor.
    Woman comes in, experiencing unusual discharge.
    Turns out that she had been stimulating herself with a peeled banana two weeks previously and some of it stayed behind.
    😯

thejesmonddingo

Why peel it?
    Ian

odannyboy
    Free Member

taste?

swiss01
    Free Member

nobody in their right head would post such a thing in a public forum these days. that said i could post my favourite xray if i could figure out how to post a picture…

beaker

Although not a medical professional a friend of mine is a firefighter. One day his watch are called to the large hospital in the town where he works. It turns out a bloke had admitted himeslf to A and E with something stuck around his wanger. This bloke had put his c*ck through a keyring, then got wood and presumably had a good sherman- four or five days ago no less. He's had wood for the best part of five days and it's still not gone down. This blokes old chap is and I quote 'the size of a can of lager'. Not only that it is an interesting purpley red and stinks. His c*ck has started to rot.
    The doctors and nurses trying to remove the keyring are struggling to remove it as every time they attempt to remove said keyring it hurts a fair bit. Needless to say they guys from trumpton remove it eventually. When asked how it got on his wanger the bloke replies 'my flatmate put it on me when I was asleep'.

swiss01
    Free Member

actually i can don't have to.

go here

(it is a medical text book so technically safe for work but if you're one fo those squeamish types who likes to shriek and run about at the sight of a cut finger best wait a bit)

http://www.baileyandlove.com/Assets/sample2.pdf

scroll down to page 1223. observe figure a)

i love the accompanying text. note 'a present from margate'.
    it's made me laugh for years.

GrahamS

Mrs saw an unfortunate patient with abdominal pain, "nasty discharge" and no womanly cycles for several months. Long story short: they discovered the top off a deodorant can "up there".
    Pulled it out, and it was quickly followed by months worth of rotting menstrual waste.

Cue much gagging and people leaving the room hurriedly.

satsoma
    Free Member

months worth of rotting menstrual waste

Jaysus. I was literally just finishing my raspberry jelly…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

How the flip could you fit a keyring around your kn0b? just wondering…

swiss01
    Free Member

one of the less engaging procedures i've ever had to witness was a correction for peyronies disease, described here as a nesbit plication
    and really, honestly if you're at work, despite it being a medical thing as above i really wouldn't, especially if you're in any way male

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/medical/IM01275

aside from the whole sharp thing/needle/knife/penis conjunction which is bad enough, the sound as the shaft is effectively skinned, will live with me till the day i die.

Houns
    grynch
    Free Member

I'm not in the medical field but I once took a 5 day cycle – camping trip with a bunch of OB / GYN's .. a mostly quiet lot but after a few whisky^s one night the conversation came around to "the weirdest thing I ever found was.."

and the winner was:

a vienna sausage.

swiss01
    Free Member

i'm particularly taken by the law of inverse value in that link. so recognisable. so true.

swiss01
    Free Member

vienna sausage you say. okay, in the style of the above forum…

if while making tea for your children it is not your duty as the man of the house to explore what might happen if you shoved a piece of said spaghetti down your urethra. yes, it will snap. yes, it will expand. yes you will have emergency surgery and return with a suprapubic catheter

swiss01
    Free Member

or, in the event of imminent arrest, do not keep unsecured ecstacy tablets
    in your vagina

swiss01
    Free Member

or, as i pointed out at a stw group ride recently, a colostomy is an opening for the removal of waste, not an extra hole for 'the lovin'

Houns

*crosses legs*

*cancels spaghetti and meatballs for dinner*

grynch
    Free Member

swiss01 — thanks for that mental image.

When this post first started I was thinking of my experience post prostate cancer surgery of a young nurse removing my catheter and giving me a little wash up.

52 years I had waited for a young cute nurse to give me a little fumble like that and then when it DID happen it was about a week too late.

😳 😥

domino

A friend of mine is a doc and saw a patient around new year unable to go for a pee. Turns out there was a turkey wishbone stuck in his urethra – of course, when the patient was asked how it got there he said he swallowed it as part of his Christmas dinner.

scruff
    Free Member

Best Ive been told-

Coat hanger in man rear (curly side).

Pool ball in man rear.

Above both results of 'falling'.

Broken test tube in lady front.

Milk bottle in lady front, stuck due to vaccuum effect.

I have been told other stories but they would get me in trouble.

GrahamS

Mrs' mate saw a man with a dinner fork up his 'arris. Completely inside, beyond "the point of no return" with the prongs facing down.

Apparently he was a regular who just enjoyed having things removed. 😯

When finished he asked for the fork back… so his wife wouldn't miss it.

noteeth
    Free Member

Keys, shampoo bottle, courgette, a ****' razor blade

It's pretty routine, tbh. Many claimed to have "slipped over and…".

nockmeister
    Free Member

(it is a medical text book so technically safe for work but if you're one fo those squeamish types who likes to shriek and run about at the sight of a cut finger best wait a bit)

http://www.baileyandlove.com/Assets/sample2.pdf

er page1225 might not be…gag

swiss01
    Free Member

yeah maybe i should've scrolled down and warned you about that. i do apologise.

still, at least you're not the one who has to push it back up there….

steve_b77
    Free Member

I did scroll down, not the most pleasant sight in the world.

I did however notice something was missing – pre surgery maybe?

bionicwoman
    Free Member

Onion put up a chaps rear passage by himself and we had to keep a straight face when a surgeon described the procedure to his wife as an onionectomy I never found that operation description in the training I recieved ho ho ho

hora
    Free Member

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=257985&page=1

Genius. I've got alot of reading to do 😆

bowglie

A friend of mine is a doc and saw a patient around new year unable to go for a pee. Turns out there was a turkey wishbone stuck in his urethra – of course, when the patient was asked how it got there he said he swallowed it as part of his Christmas dinner.

Ah yes, the accidental urethra insertion. Many years ago I was working in a large A&E dept when a chap came in with a length of thin fuse wire up his urethra whilst 'just fixing a fuse'. Oh, also someone with the top off a bottle of mum deodarant up their bum – another classic 'just got out of the shower' excuse. (yea…right)

0091paddy
    Free Member

Aghhh why did I open this thread! SICK.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Young female with shampoo bottle top stuck PV.

Guy apparently in acute urinary retention whose urethra appeared stuck together until a foleys catheter was inserted.

Traumatic amputation of thumb by a rope swing

Leeches used to relieve venous congestion in a latient post plastic surgery

A maggot infested leg ulcer (not deliberately infested)

noteeth
    Free Member

Surgical SpR being nice and handing out cake at the nurses' station, on NYE.

😯

Drac

Ask me when I'm pissed.

odannyboy
    Free Member

these are shocking. i also thought there may have been more anecdotes and odd situation, not just stuff up bums?…

Jamie
    Free Member

odannyboy – Member
    these are shocking. i also thought there may have been more anecdotes and odd situation, not just stuff up bums?…

I would imagine those in the professions that probably have the best stories are adverse to posting on a public forum.

GrahamS

may have been more anecdotes and odd situation, not just stuff up bums?…

Mrs' mate did have a delusional guy freaking out in a room. He threw literally everything in the room at the medical team. When he ran out of things to throw he started swinging his catheter bag above his head.. then threw that at them too.. while the other end was still in his boaby.. with the balloon inflated.

Cue slow-motion "Nnnoooooo" moment from team, followed by lots of screaming from bloke!

Pembo
    Free Member

A friend of mine was a radioligist and many years ago a guy came in with a 'foreign object' up his bum. The x-ray showed a square glass hp sauce bottle 😯

vanilla83
    Free Member

I dated an a&e nurse. She had TWO men come in last year who had stuck metal rods up the inside of their penis as they couldnt get it up! Both got it stuck…

scruff
    Free Member

Oh,and a vibrator all the way inside a man rear, still buzzing. Surgeon wouldn't operate till it stopped buzzing so he left it to the next shift.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘STW Docs and nurses…weirdest things youve seen at work??’ is closed to new replies.