Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • STW Dartmoor ride today
  • trailmonkey

anyone know if the guy who appeased the crash gods early doors is ok ?

i don’t know if he’s a regular on here but i’m sure his mate had an ST jersey on.

healing feelings if you read this.

yunki
    Free Member

he’s engaged in a bit of banter on Crispy’s FB page earlier this arvo so he’s not completely dead or anything.. 🙂

no details though

crispybacon
    Free Member

TM – matt txt me to say Jon is OK if a little sore 😕

slugwash
    Free Member

Gawd Blimey hope you’re allright Jon! Fancy trying to ride a hybrid commuting bicycle* down Smallcombe Rocks…

* T’was called something silly like Giant 29er 😉

bagpuss
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with 29ers!

slugwash
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with 29ers!

There is when you’ve scrapped your brand new stanchions over several metres of abrasive Dartmoor granite.

(Note to Jon: Buff them up with some emery paper. It’ll all come up as good as new 😉 )

trailmonkey

ah good. it seems that all is ok with the intrepid adventurer.

CB has just emailed me a pic of the millisecond before jon’s demise. you can see the front digging in and you can smell the impending doom.

proper nasty.

bagpuss
    Free Member

That’s just bad luck not wheel size.

Any of you in for the Newnham 60 in Jan?

trailmonkey

maybe.

where is it and when ❓

bitemebryn
    Free Member

There were some fantastic examples of handle bar tashes on the moor also today…see above pics for conformation !
    Cheers for another top ride TM.

shamus
    Free Member

Another vote for thanks for to the guide’s and line tips.
    Glad the crash victim is in one piece, nearly went the same way myself, I’ll have to loosen up and let the thing roll next time!

Also anyone at the Newnham 60 make sure you give me a shout I’ll be helping out at that one!

Cheers to everyone who made it a brilliant day out!

Clink

CB has just emailed me a pic of the millisecond before jon’s demise. you can see the front digging in and you can smell the impending doom

Post it up then!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Some pics from today’s moor ride

the start & things were going so well

Si showing us the correct line

Jon did not get things quite the same as Si

Jon making sure his ‘dominant’ hand still works 😉

Bowerman’s Nose

[img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6034/6371673255_821e060c60_b.jpg[/img]

TM getting air!

It was another cracking ride today. Thanks to those who came along & special Thanks to Trailmonkey for guiding us on a top ride (again).

crispybacon
    Free Member

Bad news i’m afraid guys i’ve just found out that Jon has broken his arm & wrist :o(

On the plus side his bikes fine ;o)

trailmonkey

😯

crikey, just as well he decided to bail when he did.

pass on my regards if you should see him or be in touch online.

Bucko

@CrispyBacon, i was busy yesterday anyway but i didn’t even know about the ride. I changed my email address from neilbuckland@hotmail.com to bucko1983@hotmail.co.uk a few weeks back due to spam overload and forgot to tell you.

Cracking day for it, i was sat in a beer garden all afternoon

yunki
    Free Member

Jon has broken his arm & wrist

ooooof..!! He was all for trying to shrug it off and carry on at one point too.. 😯

get well soon fella

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – looked like a good trip – soz I couldn’t make it esp as I only live 1/2 mile up the road from the HOM 🙂

julioflo
    Free Member

Dartmoor team – when is next outing such as this? Looking forward to finally making a meet up.

That OTB hasn’t done much for the tech riding reputation of 29ers has it?!?!

slugwash
    Free Member

That OTB hasn’t done much for the tech riding reputation of 29ers has it?!?!

Jon actually ended up flying over two sets of bars. Have you seen his Movember ‘tache in the picture above? And lets not bring wheelsize up again. I think sensitive old bagpuss might have bought himself a 29er ^^^^^ 😉

Anyway, otherwise it was a great day out but sorry to hear about the fractures Jon 🙁

Considering the distance you travelled and the granite that broke your fall I was suprised after the crash that you hadn’t seemed to have broken anything. I assumed that as there were no fractured segments of bone poking through your skin and you were joking & laughing that it was just a bit of scuffing & bruising.

Hope it mends soon and dosn’t inhibit your cracker pulling around the turkey & trimmings this Christmas 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

Bucko – I wondered why my emails to you were returned 🙂

Julioflo – I have added you to the email list & have sent you an email so you don’t think I’m spam 😉

TM etc – I have wished Jon a speedy recovery from his injuries on behalf of everyone on the Dartmoor ride. He is one tough bloke.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Not just any old 29er, it’s rigid! And over a year old now, I’d jsut got it last time I saw you. 😳 I’ll be bringing the ‘skill compensator’ if/when I get up there again. Family stuff taking precedent at the moment.

Hope the bloke with the breakage heals up OK.

bitemebryn
    Free Member

Ouch, he has some nuts as it almost went pear shaped on his first attempt. Hope he recovers quickly.

julioflo
    Free Member

@Crispy bacon Thanks for mail, just replied.
    Cheers
    Jus

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘STW Dartmoor ride today’ is closed to new replies.