Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • STW Am I right to be p***** off? What should I do?
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

So I have been without a bike for over 2 weeks and to complete my new build I need wheels. I wanted them fast tried all my LBS and they had nothing, so I went with SS prebuilt wheels which when I placed my order they said they would be dispatched that day(Friday).

No dispatch notice on Friday a bit annoyed but I try and be patient. I get a dispatch notice on Monday but no delivery tacking type email which I would expect with a large package. Send email on Monday I get no reply between Monday and Tuesday I try and phone them about 20 times no response. So I sent this email yesterday normally I’m more polite but they were starting to piss me off by this point and I was busy at work.

“Ordered my prebuilt wheels about 14:00 Friday still not received them nor a
    response from you regarding my previous email tried about 20 times to ring
    but no one answered the phone.”

This morning I got this response

Hello, I’m sorry to say your order was set to dispatched in error, we are
    sorry for the confusion. We are very sorry for the delay with your wheels
    due to a much higher than usual demand for wheels our production team are
    struggling to keep up with demand, we are now building some pre-built wheels
    to order and custom wheels are taking between 2-7 working days to complete.
    We are building wheels as fast as we can without compromising our high build
    standards, we would like to thank you for your patience and we will get your
    wheels on the way to you as fast as we can.

We hope to have all the backlog cleared by next week, and resume our normal
    fast service.

We process all builds in date order to be fair to everybody and we are
    building as fast as possible.

Unfortunately we cannot estimate dispatch dates, they go as fast as they
    can.

You will receive a despatched email as soon as they are shipped with UPS.

If you would like to make any changes or cancel your order please reply to
    this email with your order number.

If you have other items on the order and want them shipping immediately,
    please email this request with your order number and we will split your
    order.

We apologise again for any inconvenience.

Yours

The Superstar Team

What should I do?

tomhoward

Wait, or ask for a refund…..

allthepies
    Free Member

As above, chill/wait or get a refund and go elsewhere.

steel4real
    Free Member

1. Cancel your order – you’ll be disappointed with them in the long run.

or

2. You’re a big boy now – suck it up and plan things better next time !

scotroutes

or

3. Set fire to the warehouse

scaredypants

do you mean that you asked and were specifically told they’d be dispatched that day ?

that’d make me a bit cross

br
    Free Member

4. Just buy Hope Hoops, like you should’ve done in the first place 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

Cancel, there’s a Hope Hoops PSA running at the moment.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Welcome to superstar world… one of their mates will be along shortly 😉

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Where about are you?

retro83
    Free Member

standards

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

team is a pretty loose term for 1 person.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The dispatched (false) email wouldn’t have pleased me but their response is reasonable if you ask me.

Personally I would cancel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is great to know that their customer service and attention to detail that has made them the company they are still carries on unabated

we are now building some pre-built wheels
    to order

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is great to know that their customer service and attention to detail that has made them the company they are still carries on unabated

BUt its cheaper and everyone else is ripping us off….

BoardinBob

retro83 – Member

standards

😆

2.5 years on a set of cheap Superstar wheels. Zero problems.

wwaswas

2.5 years on a set of cheap Superstar wheels

although 2.45 years of that was waiting for them to be built 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Ok so calmed down a bit sent them a polite email asking if they have any other suitable alternatives pre-built. If not then I think I will be looking to cancel.

we are now building some pre-built wheels
    to order

Yes this really made me laugh when I read it!

Unfortunately we cannot estimate dispatch dates, they go as fast as they
    can.

This is something I don’t like I think it’s fair to expect a time frame for this sort of thing or customers could be dangling for days without knowing when to expect their product.

retro83
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

2.5 years on a set of cheap Superstar wheels. Zero problems.

Bully for you 🙂 Mine needed tensioning out of the box, had to put a half turn on every spoke just to get them usable, and done another full turn since (in the space of about 3 months).

Been reet since then though.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

1. Cancel your order – you’ll be disappointed with them in the long run.

Another satisfied wheel customer here, I’ve had 2 sets with no problems, apart from their cheap wheel bearings giving up after 9 months of heavy use, but I kinda expected that at the price point and replaced them with decent SKF ones.

akira

Had one set that were fine, bought another and the rear wheel nearly collapsed on the second ride. Check them over twice would be my recommendation.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My prebuilt didnt last and were much heavier than comparable builds. Also took 2 weeks to get built

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yes this really made me laugh when I read it!

It just means they building to replenish stock of standard-spec wheels, i.e, no fancy colour-combos.

This is something I don’t like I think it’s fair to expect a time frame for this sort of thing or customers could be dangling for days without knowing when to expect their product.

^This would make me cancel^

Superstar are obviously a victim of their own marketing strategy…

mickolas
    Free Member

buy a cheap set of shimano hubs, some rigida rims and some dt swiss pg spokes and build your own wheels. turn it into a race. if you win, you’ve got some wheels to rag around until yours turn up. if you lose, sell your prebuilt, unused wheels for a little more than you spent. win-win and it’ll keep you occupied while you wait.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d cancel and get some of the Hope hoops on offer at Wiggle.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yep, just be pissed off. Grrrr

chuffnuts

Could be worse, I’ve been waiting for my wheels to arrive for two weeks. Every time I email to ask where they are I get that same automated/copy and pasted reply. All I’d like to know is when they are going to arrive, even if that’s 2 weeks or 2 months?

I’ve been fairly happy using them before but when things go bad that’s when a good business shows itself…or not!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Didn’t the win best value wheels in one of this months mags.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

+

+

+

+

ANd never have to wait again….
    😀

cooie

+ hubs 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

How hard is it to build wheels? It is one of the few areas of bike maintenance I never thought of doing myself.

handyandy
    Free Member

If i say that I didnt have any problems with waiting, or delivery on my superstar wheels, does that mean i am a fanboy, or work for them?

Sadly these things happen, and I would be fine with waiting for such cheap wheels.

One year later and not a spoke has come loose, or any issues whatsoever.

cooie

How hard is it to build wheels? It is one of the few areas of bike maintenance I never thought of doing myself.

Not difficult, but you need quite a bit of patience!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They were really slow to send out rims I ordered a few weeks back which were detailed as in stock on the website – took about ten days. Fortunately I was not in a hurry to get them built.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Ok so after being at my office since 7:30 am waiting for my delivery my status updates to this.

*****, United Kingdom 06/21/2013 5:40 P.M. The package was missed at the UPS facility, UPS will deliver on the next business day

jasonm945
    Free Member

It doesn’t just rain….
    Can’t you ring UPS, give them a sob story and get them out tomorrow? They do have vans running on a Saturday! Alternatively see if you can collect them.

Jay

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have managed to arrange to pick them up from the depot in the morning.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘STW Am I right to be p***** off? What should I do?’ is closed to new replies.